• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers select DT Vernon Butler

Jeremy Igo

Wish we had more picks or earlier picks...honestly felt like a down if it was available would have been better and still select this guy...I bet other teams would have picked the Bama DTs before this guy...so much 2nd round talent left it sucks that we are at the ass end of it and only have 1 pick.

I just wish we didn't spent the 1st round pick on a position that wasn't lacking that much. There were others like CB or DE or TE. What makes it a head scratcher for me also is the huge number of DTs that would've still been available later. It kind of worries me about KK and Star in the future. I guess time will tell.

All this means is we have short term rotation and versatility and lots of options long term. Stockpiling talent is not a bad thing.

All this means is that a position that only allows 2 players to play at a time now has 3 great (well 2 proven and 1 potentially great) players in rotation.  Stockpiling talent isn't a bad thing but when we are discussing locking up around 20 million a year in Star and KK it becomes foolish to have one of them sitting on the bench.

If we arent looking at them long term thats fine.  Its a business.  But why exercise the 5th year option on Star just to let him walk.  

Again, I dont hate the pick.  I'm looking forward to how he will fit into our plans not only this season but in the future.

Archived