• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers select DT Vernon Butler

Jeremy Igo

No, they simply had legit talent at DB.  

Are you really suggesting the Denver DBs are on par with our current squad? 

Philly was making Talib look silly in the SB.  Our receivers were getting open against their secondary, and getting bad passes, or dropping the ball.  We had plenty of opportunities to win that game offensively.  Their DL was the main disruption by a large margin.  Possibly improving our DL shouldn't be an issue for anyone, especially without Norman.

My opinion two pitchers in:

1. Get the upside but don't like a small school prospect in the 1st.

2. We had Dodd and Ogbah available. Wtf?! We need pass rush. Hopefully they last long enough to trade up and grab them.

3. Does this have anything to do with losing Star or KK?

We don't have any more draft picks?

You remember we don't draft for need, right?

How did you react to last year's picks before we had our best season ever and went to the Super Bowl?

I haven't passed judgement on this player, i passed judgment on the pick and how it fits.  He may be a great player, but he doesn't make us better immediately.

People keep bringing up that we don't reach for need, and take the BPA, but won't acknowledge that Gettleman's BPA board weighs heavily towards lineman and defense.  I just feel like at a certain point, you can't keep picking guys to sit when you have positions that need an upgrade and/or competition much more urgently.  

As I've said, his drafts have worked to this point, but I think there is a threshold.  And how much of our success last year can really be attributed to that draft class last year.  They essentially were all developmental players.

He knows how to build a winning team, but this seems like we are reaching that sformentioned threshold where stacking strengths whioe ignoring weakness3s starts catching up with you...  but, we'll see.

Seriously? It's the exact same way we scored on them, and got the ball in good position.  They had the same problems on offense that we did, except....  Their defense was better.

Their defense was better because outside of Cam, our OL and playmakers were inferior (and because we were on the losing end of a fix).

I know,people are using the "we drafted luke when we had beason" argument 

could use any of:

KK when we drafted Short,

Ealy when we had CJ and tagged Hardy, 

Shaq when we have Luke, TD, and Klein for depth, or even Mayo after we went Shaq in the 1st.

Fact of the matter is Getts goes BPA (for our system/schemes) without worrying about who's already on our roster. And he's shown over the last 3 years it's the best way to go.

I wonder if there is any consideration in switching to a 3-4 so we can actually get all these guys on the field? Didn't Rivera run one in SD?

Don't love it, but I don't hate it. We needed a 3 tech and we got a good one. My concern with him is the same as it was with Shaq last year. How do we get this guy enough snaps. Re-sign Kawann and this guy probably never starts and never gets more than 40% of the snaps for his entire rookie contract without injuries.

Archived