• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers select DT Vernon Butler

Jeremy Igo

I don't even know why I came to the huddle after the pick. "he's gonna sit the bench"  and yadda yadda yadda. I've seen most of the older huddled with the right Frame of mind. No more gassed d line,  ever. The o line will be spent and we will be imposing our will even more. This means we can throw Joe from Winn Dixie in the secondary and we'll be alright. 

No more gassed looking DTs would be accurate.  But I didn't see that much last year.    Was more the DEs. 

We made a strength stronger.  Could be worse.  Could of picked a bad player.  Butler isn't. 

Can he block Von Miller?  Nope.  Can he cover the other team's best receiver?  Nope.  Can he consistently get open and catch the ball?  Nope.

Get out your pitchfirks and torches, it looks like I didn't just ejaculate ovee this pick.  

PS - I look forward to getting another LB tomorrow.

Eh, LB would be nice but Joe Webb looks a little too comfortable.  Might need to grab a QB to put him on notice 

Can he block Von Miller?  Nope.  Can he cover the other team's best receiver?  Nope.  Can he consistently get open and catch the ball?  Nope.

Get out your pitchforks and torches, it looks like I didn't just ejaculate over this pick.  

You're so predictable lol.

we already had one of the best interior pass rushes in the league in case you didn't notice

people can say what they want but this guy is barely going to see the field, just like Shaq. there's only so many snaps to go around

The Cowboys also won a lot of games in the 90s with a deep DL rotation.

Pass rush was faltering late in games last season. I'd say that has a lot to do with this pick.

Lest we all forget how many teams we let return from a huge deficit last season because out DTs got tired?

People seem to be overplaying that card.  Wasn't it a bigger issue that we were almost overly dependent on DTs to generate the disruption. We got very little from our DEs the entire 2nd half of the season.  

Kinda bummed, even though it's a good pick as far as value goes. There are literally a dozen DTs worth a first round pick, but only one TE. Would've preferred to take Henry at 30 and grab one of Billings, Reed, Robinson, Day, Jones, Johnson...and maybe even Butler in the second. 

Get out your pitchforks and torches, it looks like I didn't just ejaculate over this pick.  

We don't have any more draft picks?

You remember we don't draft for need, right?

How did you react to last year's picks before we had our best season ever and went to the Super Bowl?

Archived