• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers select DT Vernon Butler

Jeremy Igo

Just now, Montsta said:

Offensive lines don't rotate as often. When they are gassed at the end of the game KK and Butler are going to FEAST!

Yea but if Oher get injured who is going to step up, not to say we should overeach but we have to build that side of the line eventually. Others teams will also have  top notch pass rushers in playoffs how are we going to stop them from feasting on our OL.

Louisiana Tech defensive tackle Vernon Butler said on the red carpet before the NFL draft today the Lions told him they plan to take him with the 16th pick in the first round if he’s available.

“If I’m at 16, they said they’d take me,” Butler said.

.....Guess they lied to you Bro .....

Well...he got lucky.

Louisiana Tech defensive tackle Vernon Butler said on the red carpet before the NFL draft today the Lions told him they plan to take him with the 16th pick in the first round if he’s available.

“If I’m at 16, they said they’d take me,” Butler said.

.....Guess they lied to you Bro .....

The lions did him a favor. The NFC's version of the Browns. 

He looks like if he loses a few pounds he could move outside and dominate. His highlights remind me of Peppers because of his size and length. Those plays where he jumps up to bat down the passes says he has the athletic ability to play outside. 

Oh, and DG is the godfather..

9 minutes ago, R0CKnR0LLA said:

The draft fell really terrible for us. There were no OTs, CBs or WRs worth a damn left. We had very little options. The top players available were 2 DTs and 2 ILBs.

BPA didn't line up with our needs at all. That left us with either reaching for need, or getting a guy that's going to struggle to see playing time. Neither one being a great option. Can't hate on DG given the options but still not happy ending up with a DT.

So why not trade out of the round?

Archived