• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers select DT Vernon Butler

Jeremy Igo

I'm amazed at the negative reaction to this pick. Getting interior pass rush is, in my opinion, the most important defensive aspect in football. If you have a chance to get a player who can improve that, you do it. 

This pick will elevate the games of Kony Ealy, Mario Addison, and potentially cox and delaire. 

For as great as star is, he is not a pass rush threat on 3rd downs. Vernon and KK are going to wreck interior lines while Addison, CJ, and Ealy come off the edge. 

Like the player.

if your level of play at a position of a 9/10 as is....you can add more talent and it still be 9/10.  

Never been a fan of guys watching football.  If dude is legit....we have a stud watching from the sideline every snap.  Basic reason of why I hated Double Trouble.  Liked them both individually...the great depth was largely overrated since both couldn't play at same time. 

Can't get the max out of guys when you overload at a spot 

Louisiana Tech defensive tackle Vernon Butler said on the red carpet before the NFL draft today the Lions told him they plan to take him with the 16th pick in the first round if he’s available.

“If I’m at 16, they said they’d take me,” Butler said.

.....Guess they lied to you Bro .....

I love this pick for no other reason than to watch the self proclaimed GM's on here lose their minds.  

Gettleman farts more football knowledge than any 10 huddlers on here have combined...I will trust him on this one.

Will you trust Igo now, though

He played at Louisiana Tech.... Do any of you understand what that means? He pretty much played defense by himself. He was double and triple teamed every game and still had double digit tackles for a loss and a few sacks. Once he got the opportunity to demonstrate what he can do one on one, he stood out like a boner in sweatpants.

Archived