• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2016 Panthers First Round Draft Selection Tree

Jeremy Igo

Fair enough, I think Sterling Shepard will come into effect at that point.  

I wouldn't doubt that at all.  Shepard is my draft crush this year.  I'd love Coleman in the 1st, but I just think he's a long shot.  Shepard is somebody we'd probably have to move up to get, but I'd do it with the quickness.

Coleman -> Butler -> H Henry -> Ogbah -> D Henry

In the first, in that order. Player furthest to the left is the pick.  Also, a trade down or up is very very possible today and tomorrow as the Panthers aren't stuck no any one of these players and multiple will be available. 

Coleman would round out the receiving corps perfectly. There is much doubt he will be there at 30. 

Butler is highly coveted by the Panthers. Would allow for increased creativity along the defensive line and would add as much pass rush as a defensive end addition. 

Hunter Henry was my original first round prediction a month ago based on whispers. Still a very good possibility. Two tight end sets back in Carolina? 

Ogbah is well liked and their pick as a defensive end. A bit raw, but they like his grit and tenacty. 

Finally, Derrick Henry if no one else is available. He has a first round ranking, just as Devin Funchess did last year. A trade up in the second is possible. 

There you have it. 

If available, how do you think Dodd would fit into that hierarchy?

Based on who we have met with and and who will not be attending the draft my prediction is:

Meeting

Attending draft

Projection

Emmanuel Ogbah

Private, Workout

N

1-2

Sua Cravens

Combine

N

Germain Ifedi

Private, Combine, Workout

N

Derrick Henry

Workout

N

Just curious: where's the Coleman falling talk been happening?  From what I've gathered, his trajectory has seemed to be from the 3rd/4th wide out to the first off the board in Round 1. 

Quick note: The Texans, Redskins and Jets are just some of the teams apparently targeting him. The Vikes have a need at WR but it's been rumored Coleman is not getting past Houston.  If he goes before, the Texans are apparently quite on the Butler train so I can really see Hunter Henry ending up the pick. 

I don't see a trade down as Gettleman is a believer in the 5th year option.  However, im sure if the offer is too good to pass up there would be consideration...

Coleman -> Butler -> Keanu Neal -> Jackson III -> Hunter Henry -> Dodd -> Derrick Henry in that order.

Don't think Coleman will last beyond the WR hungry Houston, Vikings and Cincinnati from pick 22-24. Am I the only one hoping for Kendall Fuller in the second round? Don't believe Gettleman will use neither a first or a second round pick in the secondary though, but given that Fuller's knee should be fine come August, I think he will be a day 1 starter  

Archived