• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It is draft week people... look alive...

Jeremy Igo

13 hours ago, Willis1789 said:

I have 1ota Seat Filler Tickets for Thursday's Nights Draft in Chicago. Really hoping fans of the early picks leave so I can be there for Carolina's pick at 30. Anyone have seat filling experience they care to share? 

My friend Cosmo Kramer won a Tony award when he was a seat filler. You never know, maybe the Browns will draft you.

Latest Walterfootball mock for us (Lol at them changing our pick like every day this week so far)

Round 1 : Laquon Treadwell (How the fug would he slip that far?)

Round 2 : Sua Cravens

Round 3 : Harlan Miller

Round 4 : DJ White (CB : Back to back CBs ? really?)

Round 5 : Willie Beavers OT

Round 7 : Andrew Bonet FB

Well despite it not being too realistic to me (seeing Treadwell drop that far  , seeing Cravens drafted at the bottom of the 2nd round, no dlineman drafted !) if this was our draft I'd be very satisfied honestly.  

I'm really not a fan of drafting a DT in round 1. It appears we have the money to resign both Star and Short, and Gettleman has said he doesn't like grooming players for other teams. I know that's inconsistent with what just happened with Josh, but Gman also values DL more than he does DBs. He basically decided to let Josh go because of that very reason. I think he'd be more willing to dish out a big deal for Star than he would for Norman. We have two great starters along with solid veteran backups at DT. I don't see the need to use a first round pick on a DT based on how Gman has been talking. Maybe Star's asking price is outrageous? I don't know.

I'm a fan of getting a DE at 30 though. Ogbah or Spence would both be great options, and should be available when we pick.

random musing:

This is the first year (admittedly, I've only followed the draft for the last 6-7 years) that I am not completely stressed out about who pick tomorrow night. there are 8-10 players, at several different positions, that I like at 30, more if any players make significant drops from where they're expected to go. Maybe it's that we have no glaring needs, maybe it's picking so late in the round, maybe it's unflappable, blind trust in G-money and his BPA philosophy. Most likely a combination of all 3, but what a cool position to be in.

I am actually more anxious to see what we do in the second round; do we trade up, who drops to 62, etc.

Archived