• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It is draft week people... look alive...

Jeremy Igo

OK, here's my final Mock Draft picks: 

1. Emmanuel Ogbah - DE

2. Shon Coleman - (left)OT

3. Nick Vannett - TE

4. Jeremy Cash - SS

5&7...who cares? G-man will likely trade the picks anyway. All have visited the Panthers except Vannett, so He's the wildcard on my list. Of course I'm not factoring in a huge trade up, only looking at the talent presumably available when we are slated to pick.

Derek Henry made the NY Times and USA Today list of guys to avoid. I agree. In a perfect world we get Ogbah/Dodds in the first, and Shepard in the second. I trust Gettleman to figure out the rest. We need DL, OL and S depth. I would love Hunter Henry, but we are drafting at the end of each round without a trade.

12 minutes ago, bobcat91 said:

Derek Henry made the NY Times and USA Today list of guys to avoid. I agree. In a perfect world we get Ogbah/Dodds in the first, and Shepard in the second. I trust Gettleman to figure out the rest. We need DL, OL and S depth. I would love Hunter Henry, but we are drafting at the end of each round without a trade.

Half the experts warned to avoid KB, too. He can't jump, he can't catch, he'll be a huge bust.

One of the things that Gettleman believes in is the ability of his coaches to get players to learn our system and contribute as soon as possible. He likes big men and figures he can teach them whatever they need to know. You can"t coach a big winspan, a chip on your shoulder, or quickness and speed. You have it or you don't.

Here are the names Bryan Strickland throws out as guys to watch as potential Panthers' pick at #30

So for laughs, I'll present five names from five different positions for your consideration, selected based on what I generally think makes sense as well as a nonsensical add-on: The Panthers' last four first-round picks didn't attend the draft in person, so I'll predict that streak keeps going.

In the secondary, how about Houston cornerback William Jackson III or West Virginia safety Karl Joseph? Up front, I'll throw out Oklahoma State defensive end Emmanuel Ogbah (Clemson's Kevin Dodd was invited to the draft). And on offense I'll mention the Henrys – Alabama running back Derrick Henry and Arkansas tight end Hunter Henry.

You asked for one guy; I gave you five. Nothing like trying to improve my chances of being right.

http://www.panthers.com/news/ask-bryan/article-2/Ask-Bryan-With-the-30th-pick/1ab6dadc-60c2-467c-a0b6-85a6689dce22

Interesting no mention of a DT... I would think Butler is in the mix too.

LOL about the metric of who's invited to the draft!  I didn't realize that we were on a streak of picking 4 players who had not attended!

Archived