• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

LaQuan McGowan. How Could Carolina Use Him?

chknwing

Is that the mammoth Baylor TE?  He's just too big.  He should try to lose 50+ pounds and play OL.  Might be too little too late st this point though.  He should've done that a few years ago.  At least the lose weight part.  If Baylor wanted to play him at TE that's fine, but he's just too damn fat to play much of a role.  Maybe if he has a mean streak he could be a Gilbert Brown style situational nose tackle and by that I mean basically waddle his fat ass out there and be an immovable object in short yardage situations for 12-15 snaps a game or so.  Surprised Baylor didn't try that with him.  Makes me think he probably doesn't have it in him.  They probably had him playing TE because he plays soft.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Is that the mammoth Baylor TE?  He's just too big.  He should try to lose 50+ pounds and play OL.  Might be too little too late st this point though.  He should've done that a few years ago.  At least the lose weight part.  If Baylor wanted to play him at TE that's fine, but he's just too damn fat to play much of a role.  Maybe if he has a mean streak he could be a Gilbert Brown style situational nose tackle and by that I mean basically waddle his fat ass out there and be an immovable object in short yardage situations for 12-15 snaps a game or so.  Surprised Baylor didn't try that with him.  Makes me think he probably doesn't have it in him.  They probably had him playing TE because he plays soft.

fat, waddle? u joking right? he ran the 40 faster than lineman that weighed 100 pounds less. hell he ran it faster than Rich Eisman.  The guys is athletic.

Faster than Rich Eisman = athletic? LOL!

He's athletic for being morbidly obese. He still ran a 5.5+. That's slow as poo.  He probably spent the next 30 minutes sucking on an oxygen tank after running that 40.  He's simply too fat to play many snaps in a football game.  That's why he was a situational player at Baylor.  He was basically a gimmick.  If he wants to have an NFL career, he probably needs to lose close to 100 pounds and he's not gonna play TE.  It'd be interesting to see what he could do 50, 75, 100 pounds lighter.

34 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Faster than Rich Eisman = athletic? LOL!

He's athletic for being morbidly obese. He still ran a 5.5+. That's slow as poo.  He probably spent the next 30 minutes sucking on an oxygen tank after running that 40.  He's simply too fat to play many snaps in a football game.  That's why he was a situational player at Baylor.  He was basically a gimmick.  If he wants to have an NFL career, he probably needs to lose close to 100 pounds and he's not gonna play TE.  It'd be interesting to see what he could do 50, 75, 100 pounds lighter.

From what I understand his body fat is pretty much in line with what's expected of more athletic lineman, between 25-30%. He's not really an overly obese fatass, he's just a huge human being. Now to play a skill position like TE successfully in the NFL he would need to slim down, but as far as your typical lineman he's physically fine.

Lol if he could drop that 100 lbs I'd be interested in seeing how he could work in our system. Lawd knows we need the OL help, and he'd give that in the two TE sets we all crave.  And could actually sneak out and catch passes every now and then to boot. Hell, you see that shot of him under the goal posts?  Doesn't even need to jump, can almost touch the goal posts flat footed. 

Archived