• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Browns, Broncos, looking to move up

ctrcat

3 minutes ago, TylerVagyler said:

KInda bad news for those hoping we move down (assuming both want Lynch).

With Broncos looking to move up, Cleveland will have to move up higher than 30.

Kinda GREAT news.  GMan's presser "go quarterbacks go" applies.  Again JNo is 5th year optioned for $7.5 million this year if he's a first rounder.  Cam and Luke were  extended an extra year, Star will be playing far under open market rate, etc.  A trade would have to be SWEET to give that up.  Go quarterbacks go!

Just now, ctrcat said:

Kinda GREAT news.  GMan's presser "go quarterbacks go" applies.  Again JNo is 5th year optioned for $7.5 million this year if he's a first rounder.  Cam and Luke were  extended an extra year, Star will be playing far under open market rate, etc.  A trade would have to be SWEET to give that up.  Go quarterbacks go!

I just don't see anyone trading up for Cook or Hackenberg. Lynch is likely going in the first. But teams will have to move up higher than pick 30 to get him. 

1 minute ago, TylerVagyler said:

I just don't see anyone trading up for Cook or Hackenberg. Lynch is likely going in the first. But teams will have to move up higher than pick 30 to get him. 

Even Goff and Wentz are not top 5 prospects, but teams have given up a ton for them in the top spots.  Would be great if all 5 were gone before our pick.  Wouldn't surprise me.

5 minutes ago, davos said:

Could increase the chances of Cook or Hackenburg going before 30.  I'm rooting for LBs and QBs to get some traction.  Someone really good could fall to us. 

In my heart of hearts, I truly believe we will get one of the top 15 on our board, at least, at #30.

17 minutes ago, ctrcat said:

I could see us trading down with Tennessee for 2 2nd rounders and a 4th or something. But don't expect it.

I don't think there was really ever any chance of Denver not moving up.  There's been waaaay too much talk about teams wanting to trade up with us to leapfrog them.  They're not gonna just sit back and let that happen.  I'm glad, I didn't want to trade back anyway.

4 hours ago, Verge said:

Watch for one of the other qbs to go in the first. Hackenberg is the name I am hearing.

Yeah, people seem to have forgotten that after his freshman year Hackenberg was assumed to be a future number 1 overall pick. Then O'Brien left for the NFL and he struggled; but someone is gonna take a shot on his talent, and I think it'll be in the first.

Honestly I think I like him more than Lynch (who may go top 10 now) and Cook. Then there are guys like Prescott and Jones who are total wildcards. Even if you don't include the teams picking in the top 2, you could argue there are about 10 teams that could go quarterback early. I could see 5 going before our pick, which may stink from a "trade back" viewpoint, but is very attractive from a BPA perspective. 

8 hours ago, jdpanther5 said:

Yeah, people seem to have forgotten that after his freshman year Hackenberg was assumed to be a future number 1 overall pick. Then O'Brien left for the NFL and he struggled; but someone is gonna take a shot on his talent, and I think it'll be in the first.

Honestly I think I like him more than Lynch (who may go top 10 now) and Cook. Then there are guys like Prescott and Jones who are total wildcards. Even if you don't include the teams picking in the top 2, you could argue there are about 10 teams that could go quarterback early. I could see 5 going before our pick, which may stink from a "trade back" viewpoint, but is very attractive from a BPA perspective. 

This is very good for bpa. Qb is the only position that we know gman won't draft at 1. Even lb isn't safe if we plan to convert them to safety or de. Every Qb that comes of the board is someone left for us. 

I still think there is a fair to good chance a player slides down to us who we havent considered a possibility because of the run on qbs and lbs early in the draft. If an OT or DT slides DG will grab him pretty quick, he has four first rd grades on OTs per his presser. 

Archived