• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Josh Norman agrees to terms with Redskins...

Jeremy Igo

2 minutes ago, usmcpanthers said:

I dont like greedy players that put themselves above the team. The franchise tag was a huge raise. Josh is just greedy, peppers was greedy, at the time we offered to make peppers the highest paid at his position.

Actually I was just reading up on the Peppers thing as a refresher early, as this situation reminded me of when and Muhammad left us. Moose literally did bolt for more money. Peppers however, was offered to be the highest paid in the league the year before he left. Once he decided to leave, he stated it was more about the direction of the football team and his lack of faith in Trgovac more so than money.

Had Josh played for the franchise tag as you suggest, he could have missed out on up to 61 million, so him leaving for a 140- 150% raise, is not being greedy, rather its just smart. You mention the franchise tag as being a huge raise, from his perspective he gave us lights out play for pennies last year. Its possible he felt we weren't being loyal to him, since we offered 25 million less than he was actually able to obtain. 

Either way, nothing about this makes him a greedy asshole. 

28 minutes ago, E CaT PanTHer 2 said:

I'm laughing at the Niners. $50M+ in cap space and they can't even pay a FA to fly in for an interview.  What a dumpster fire of a franchise 

They're obviously tanking for Deshaun Watson. Norman doesn't help them do that.

Good luck to Josh. I'd have no problem giving him this contract if he were a few years younger and/or with more than 1 season of elite play. As it stands now though, probably too much of a risk. Still should have kept the franchise tag on him for at least a year, since we have no real replacement for him now and we have the cap space this season. Oh well. Here's to a garbage secondary next season, better hope the pass rush improves a lot.

9 minutes ago, gorillamilitia13 said:

in all honesty, it will probably be loved considering how good he is. us panthers fans should know that

Don't know about that...

he is good.  But with the schedule he has....he simply faces WRs that are better IMO.  

When guys like Antonio Brown, OBJ, etc are mentally in a game and healthy....I don't think any DB can stop them without help.  Josh's contract means no help

this is what every NFL player strives for.  from small school mid/late rounder to highest paid CB in the league

imagine if you were playing in some garage band and a tiny little indie label signed you to a deal.  you cut a record on the cheap with them and it's an inexplicably fuging massive hit, like what basically happened to the offspring in 1994.  if a major label came calling and you could set yourself up for life right then and there i don't think many people would say no.

I rarely read the comments and oddly most of them were positive towards Josh and then I saw this gem:

Between this and Cam’s meltdown the Panthers will be lucky to make the playoffs this season…..

In fairness it was from a guy named rhpats. Or Chris Rowen for you stalkers.

this might backfire in another way. think about kirk cousins. he was given the franchise tag after one good year where he brought the team to the playoffs. the redskins didn't want to make a long term investment in him yet, but they sign josh who also just has one good year to a mega deal. i wonder if kirk is like damn that was all my money. maybe he feels disrespected on some level and doesn't wanna stay there long term-- similar to the disrespect osweiler felt after being benched for manning.

what does that say to the rest of their team. hey, the guy who led us to the playoffs and reinvigorated our team and was drafted here doesn't get a long deal, but this other guy can come in and make huge money after making even a one year deal with his original team seem shitty. i just think it's interesting compared to our organization.

anyway, fug'em now. got no love, don't care about the past.

1 minute ago, Ship said:

this might backfire in another way. think about kirk cousins. he was given the franchise tag after one good year where he brought the team to the playoffs. the redskins didn't want to make a long term investment in him yet, but they sign josh who also just has one good year to a mega deal. i wonder if kirk is like damn that was all my money. maybe he feels disrespected on some level and doesn't wanna stay there long term-- similar to the disrespect osweiler felt after being benched for manning.

what does that say to the rest of their team. hey, the guy who led us to the playoffs and reinvigorated our team and was drafted here doesn't get a long deal, but this other guy can come in and make huge money after making even a one year deal with his original team seem shitty. i just think it's interesting compared to our organization.

anyway, fug'em now. got no love, don't care about the past.

Wow I was just about to write this! But good luck to Jno though.

I hope he continues to have success. I'm excited to see how his career progresses especially given the receivers in his division. I also hope he's able to keep his emotion in check without the veteran leadership he gets from guys like TD and Harper and Rivera's coaching staff. I personally can't wait to see him mind rape OBJ and Dez twice a year.

4 minutes ago, PandaPancake said:

I rarely read the comments and oddly most of them were positive towards Josh and then I saw this gem:

In fairness it was from a guy named rhpats. Or Chris Rowen for you stalkers.

if that's pft there are a bunch of regular cam newton shitposters, butthurt seahawks fans, etc.  i like to play a game where i open up articles about the panthers and count the number of comments until i find "durrrr fumble"

Archived