• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Josh Norman agrees to terms with Redskins...

Jeremy Igo

Why would anyone hate Josh for the contract he just got? They offered him 140 to 150% more than we were reported to have offered. Had he left for compensation slightly above what we offered, then the hate would be more justified.

Literally can't blame Gettleman for not coming close to that and can't blame Norman for taking it. 

I wish him well and I hope he earns every penny.

24 minutes ago, MountainHeel66 said:

I see the difference and understand that this is a big contract and lots of money but anyone who says this "sets him up for life" need a reality check. I'm pretty sure 10 million for ONE YEAR would set MOST people up for life. We offered more than that long term and obviously the skins offered more. Let's not act like he wasn't getting set for life REGARDLESS of where he went or what he did.

But if its that simple then no player should get paid over 10 million dollars, hell your argument is not even with Josh anymore it's the NFL and players association.

2 minutes ago, usmcpanthers said:

I dont like greedy players that put themselves above the team. The franchise tag was a huge raise. Josh is just greedy, peppers was greedy, at the time we offered to make peppers the highest paid at his position.

You willing to take a paycut tomorrow so your employer can bring in someone else to help them be even better? 

Can't really hate on him.  In all honesty when he bet on himself and didn't sign a year ago.....he gave us All Pro play at a heavily discounted price last year.

4 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

And he stepped up when our pass rush struggled a few games. Some of you really are delusional about how good the front 7 were last season. 

This

One of the myths here that need to stop, once Hardy left and cjs decline we have been above average pass rush wise and you can thank the emergence of KK for that. There's a reason we kept blowing big leads last year and that was mainly due to the pass rush 

2 minutes ago, panther4life said:

Why would anyone hate Josh for the contract he just got? They offered him 140 to 150% more than we were reported to have offered. Had he left for compensation slightly above what we offered, then the hate would be more justified.

Literally can't blame Gettleman for not coming close to that and can't blame Norman for taking it. 

I wish him well and I hope he earns every penny.

This.  Except for the last part.  He has 2, maybe 3 years of elite play left in him - if he proves to be elite outside of our D.  After that, the Skins get to way overpay for an aging and declining player or they get to eat a ton of dead cap space by releasing him.  This deal is really gonna hurt for them in 2-3 years.

Archived