• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Josh Norman agrees to terms with Redskins...

Jeremy Igo

10 hours ago, gettlolman said:

This board is great at strawman arguments but you might be the best. 

DERP! GETTLEMAGIC!! WE DON'T NEED NO OL OR SECONDARY!! DERP.

/strawmanout

I like how you have to resort to caps and derps to make yourself feel better. You go boy

3 hours ago, Snake said:

History backs up my statement. Your statement is just Homer statement. 

????? whatever you say. Tell me how history makes your goofy azz comments true? c'mon man. Just give up.

17 hours ago, Sam Mills Fan said:

In all honesty, I'm pretty devastated by this whole thing and I'm glad we don't play the Redskins this year. I wish him well.

We do play the Skins this year.  On MNF no less!  We play them since they won the NFC East.  And we play the Vikings as winners of the NFC North...

17 hours ago, aussiePanther said:

Everyone in here talking about guaranteed compensation picks need to understand that in order to qualify a team needs to lose more FAs to other teams than they sign from other teams.

We've had three guys sign with other teams and we've signed Soliai and Boykin. So if we sign a vet FA to cover the hole JNo left, at that point we no longer qualify for a compensation pick...

What I'm saying is it's by no means guaranteed at this point.

I believe if we wait until after May 12 to sign a free agent it doesn't cancel out Norman's departure.  And also it would depend on the value of the contract we signed with a new guy.  Since there's no way DG is bringing in anyone for more than 2 - 3 million, we should be good.

14 hours ago, PhillyB said:

i hope we can replace the mental edge he brought to the team... every locker room needs a guy like him or hardy.

gettleman should promote crazy motherfuger as a draft metric and find a guy who fits the bill

You probably like Nkemdiche then

17 hours ago, Banjo said:

But dammit, what a failure for us. We had his rights for at least one more season. One more run where he could help us out with a Super Bowl! Even if you don't want to sign him for what he wants, he can't escape the tag. He was gonna play for us again regardless. 

I can understand that perspective, but I respect DG for realizing that no deal was gonna happen and releasing Josh to try and get what he wanted.  That showed class.  Took guts. 

It could backfire.  We'll see....  After all the Byron Bell experiment ("we think the answer is on the roster") was a pretty big disaster.  Only the fact that we played lights out later in the season, won our division even with a 7-8-1 record and then advanced in the playoffs kept the fanbase from constantly attacking G'man for that mistake. [And it's not like G'man had a ton of options given our cap hell at that point.]

But overall, what DG has done with this team in the past 3 seasons is pretty amazing, and so he's earned my willingness to give him the benefit of the doubt on this.  He did what he thought best for the long-term progress of the team, and also what was good for Josh.  I hope it proves to be a win-win, except on Dec. 19th, when I hope it's a loss for Josh and a win for us! 

Washington could save 7.4M by cutting Culliver as a June 1 this season, and I'm betting they do just that.

Say he signs here for 2 years 6M guaranteed, we save 10M this year vs. Norman, and can roll another 10 over to next year, or put toward KK's deal.....I'm not opposed.

14 hours ago, iamhubby1 said:

Are we still talking about Josh? Because you are confusing the heck out of me.

You do realize that Josh just signed a 75mil dollar contract? And that he is not going to get another one after this one? I have no earthly idea where you are trying to go with this.

You would pass up on 75mil, and take 44mil just at a chance at a ring? OK then. I surely hope your family doesn't have to pay for your principles.

Well I was talking about myself but since you haven't been following along i'll type slower.

The 30 mil comes from 70 - 40....the 40 is what he would have gotten from us...meaning....he would have missed out on 30 mil which is what you fugin said...then I said not everyone would die from 30 mil when they got 40 + other incentives SINCE HE WOULD HAVE HAD A DEAL OF SOME SORT....reading am hard.

As for Bostons tweet...yea it's pretty simple in the NFL for a lot of people...the real world doesn't work that way....cost of living in different areas....relocation of families...different businesses are different so the "same job" isn't really ever the "same job"...I mean sure if Wendy's offers you 8 bucks an hour over BK's 7.50 then sure...but not people with actual careers....not all the time.

Hell some people in my job take less money to work in less cost of living areas...which is why a lot of software engineers from the westcoast/north are coming down here now....we have a whole company almost full of transplants who were tired of San Diego cost of living and water issues.

53 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

Well I was talking about myself but since you haven't been following along i'll type slower.

The 30 mil comes from 70 - 40....the 40 is what he would have gotten from us...meaning....he would have missed out on 30 mil which is what you fugin said...then I said not everyone would die from 30 mil when they got 40 + other incentives SINCE HE WOULD HAVE HAD A DEAL OF SOME SORT....reading am hard.

As for Bostons tweet...yea it's pretty simple in the NFL for a lot of people...the real world doesn't work that way....cost of living in different areas....relocation of families...different businesses are different so the "same job" isn't really ever the "same job"...I mean sure if Wendy's offers you 8 bucks an hour over BK's 7.50 then sure...but not people with actual careers....not all the time.

Hell some people in my job take less money to work in less cost of living areas...which is why a lot of software engineers from the westcoast/north are coming down here now....we have a whole company almost full of transplants who were tired of San Diego cost of living and water issues.

You can justify it however makes you feel better. But it still comes down to the fact that 99% of people are not going to leave 31mil on the table. And very few would expect them to.

I applaud your principles. Not everyone can walk out the door knowing they left 31mil behind. But like I said. If you were the bread winner of a family, chances are you would not be a very popular guy. I am quite sure your wife would be happy as punch you left 31mil behind. "As long as you are happy honey, we'll make do". Sounds great. But the reality is, she would more than likely say "You left 31mil behind? My God you're and idiot." 

And you truly cannot be serious about comparing normal people's salary with a 75mil dollar contract. Leaving thousands of dollars on the table to work for a company you like in no way compares with leaving 31mil on the table.

Anywho. Have a great day.

2 hours ago, iamhubby1 said:

You can justify it however makes you feel better. But it still comes down to the fact that 99% of people are not going to leave 31mil on the table. And very few would expect them to.

I applaud your principles. Not everyone can walk out the door knowing they left 31mil behind. But like I said. If you were the bread winner of a family, chances are you would not be a very popular guy. I am quite sure your wife would be happy as punch you left 31mil behind. "As long as you are happy honey, we'll make do". Sounds great. But the reality is, she would more than likely say "You left 31mil behind? My God you're and idiot." 

And you truly cannot be serious about comparing normal people's salary with a 75mil dollar contract. Leaving thousands of dollars on the table to work for a company you like in no way compares with leaving 31mil on the table.

Anywho. Have a great day.

Tell that to Tre Boston who literally tweeted that "we" would take more money if a company was offering more for the "same job". Hence the "in response to Bostons tweet" which was talking about normal people.... follow along dear.

My wife and family along with everyone else's would live just fine on 40 mil. Ultimately we can revisit this a few years from now to see if Josh did or didn't fade away into obscurity...then my coulda woudla shoulda been a HOF type corner stance will make more sense...especially if we bring home the Lombardy a time or two....or poo...if he actually even sniffs all of that extra 30 mil....could very well end up only being 10 mil more in total after all that 50 guaranteed is ate up...well see what he's up to and if the skins even keep him past his 50.

Archived