• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Josh Norman agrees to terms with Redskins...

Jeremy Igo

3 hours ago, fjblair said:

I get why they let him go but make no mistake the Panthers are the only loser in this deal.

Loser would indicate they had a choice. They didn't. There was no way they would or could pay Josh more than Luke Kuechly and expect to maintain cap discipline in the coming years with other marquee players becoming free agents soon. Think about the signal that would send everyone else's agents. We would be back in the Marty Hurney way of doing things in no time. 

I much prefer a GM who knows where the money needs to be spent and sticks to the plan. 

At least the Panthers look like they will be getting a third rounder next season. With how well Gettleman drafts, thats nothing to sneeze at especially when that third could be packaged to move up if need be. 

It's sad to see Josh go. He worked well in our scheme AND was a highly talented cornerback. Anyone who says he was only a product of a system must've missed the Saints game last year. 

I do believe he has the potential to be exposed. I keep recalling one play with OBJ where he completely got smoked. If he wasn't in his head, the play would've resulted in an easy touchdown. And I know that was just one instance. 

Good for him for making his money. I know deep down he wanted to be here. But, we are talking at least $20 million more thrown at you from another team a few hours down the road. Not to mention a longer contract and guaranteed money. If you were in the same scenario, it would be a tough call. It's easy to say from your couch that you would easily pick the hometown team and say screw $20 million extra. But, everyone of you need to think rationally and put yourself in his shoes. 

Good luck to you Josh.

image.jpeg

4 minutes ago, ickmule said:

Can the Mods please remove all Josh threads now? This $hit is getting old. He's now a Foreskin and I could care less if he ever sees the field again. Thanks. 

so you care a little?

7 hours ago, iamhubby1 said:

Have you seen Josh play basketball? He is plenty athletic. Also, he has very little wear and tear on him. There is NO reason to believe he is going to just fall off that fast.

Man, some of you will say anything to make you, and your point, seem legit.

History backs up my statement. Your statement is just Homer statement. 

4 hours ago, Moose Hoover said:

Haven't read through the thread so I'm sure someone has pointed this out, but that contract is $13M more than Luke...that is mindblowing to me.

Yep. Luke is wayyyyy better than Norman. It's crazy how 1 good year pays someone like this. Until last season i really never payed attention to josh, because his play never warrant attention. Teams backing up brink trucks for 1 good season is very risky. Glad gman didn't pay him. 

39 minutes ago, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

counts $20 million against the cap next season

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/washington-redskins/josh-norman/

Yeah they basically gave him qb money. I mean cam's cap hits are similar to Josh's. It's crazy. Good for Josh but we have wayyy to many other talented pieces to pay and corner isn't something we value as high as dlineman or qb play. It was the right move by us. Just wish we could've had him for one more year but oh well. Hope he balls out for them except MNF. He was a great player and dude for the franchise

Archived