• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Josh Norman agrees to terms with Redskins...

Jeremy Igo

5 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Great for Josh.  The Redskins are insane.  $50M guaranteed to a CB who will turn 29 this season?!  LOL!!!  They'll absorb a lot of dead cap space down the road after they release him in 2-3 years once he begins to decline.

The decline could be much faster for a player like him. Josh has never really been a athletic freak.  

6 minutes ago, Snake said:

The decline could be much faster for a player like him. Josh has never really been a athletic freak.  

Have you seen Josh play basketball? He is plenty athletic. Also, he has very little wear and tear on him. There is NO reason to believe he is going to just fall off that fast.

Man, some of you will say anything to make you, and your point, seem legit.

18 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

Have you seen Josh play basketball? He is plenty athletic. Also, he has very little wear and tear on him. There is NO reason to believe he is going to just fall off that fast.

Man, some of you will say anything to make you, and your point, seem legit.

Have you seen the Redskins defense? Luke and TD ain't gonna help the short routes, Joshy-Poo gotta cover more space.

1 hour ago, iamhubby1 said:

Are we still talking about Josh? Because you are confusing the heck out of me.

You do realize that Josh just signed a 75mil dollar contract? And that he is not going to get another one after this one? I have no earthly idea where you are trying to go with this.

You would pass up on 75mil, and take 44mil just at a chance at a ring? OK then. I surely hope your family doesn't have to pay for your principles.

I would take 44 mil and the chance of glory in a heartbeat and never ask questions.  

Stay in the community, become a local hero and have more money than a dumb redneck could spend.  Sign me up.

The Redskins, huh? I'm a little surprised even though in retrospect, I shouldn't be. 

Well, he got his money and if that's what he really wants, all the power to him. If he believes he can replicate the level of performance he had here, though, that's going to be harder. It's been a long while since the Redskins had a relevant defense. One guy alone can only make it better so much.

As for us, can't worry about players that aren't here anymore. Gotta move forward and hope for the best.

2 hours ago, iamhubby1 said:

"The answer is on the roster" seemed to work quite well as we won 15 games. But I guess that was all Hurney's doing.

But because we lost the SB, Gman, and by extension the Panthers, are losers? Well everyone but Cam and Luke that is. Wow. You can't make this stuff up.

This board is great at strawman arguments but you might be the best. 

DERP! GETTLEMAGIC!! WE DON'T NEED NO OL OR SECONDARY!! DERP.

/strawmanout

Redskins front 7 was not that bad last year, and they have between now and the start of the season to improve. They are hoping Josh can be an important piece this time around, whether they can compete for a superbowl soon is another story. 

11 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Great for Josh.  The Redskins are insane.  $50M guaranteed to a CB who will turn 29 this season?!  LOL!!!  They'll absorb a lot of dead cap space down the road after they release him in 2-3 years once he begins to decline.

LOL my ass, there were at least 5-6 teams lining up to pay Josh Norman just what he got paid. Norman has low mileage, has been injury free and if he stays that way he will have no problem playing 5 more years at a high level. 

I get why they let him go but make no mistake the Panthers are the only loser in this deal.

23 minutes ago, fjblair said:

LOL my ass, there were at least 5-6 teams lining up to pay Josh Norman just what he got paid. Norman has low mileage, has been injury free and if he stays that way he will have no problem playing 5 more years at a high level. 

I get why they let him go but make no mistake the Panthers are the only loser in this deal.

Wrong.  There were several teams like Jax and Dallas that were originally interested in him.  But, they bowed out quick at that price.  Only NO was still bidding....and Washington and NO are notorious for overpaying in FA

Archived