• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Josh Norman agrees to terms with Redskins...

Jeremy Igo

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

Big Ben threw for 450+ yards and didn't even play the whole game.   Brown didn't have a huge game individually.  He did catch 6 balls and Pitt went up and down the field all over the secondary. 

Not on Sherman though. The other CBs got torched by Bryant and Wheaton. Of course, Brown followed that up by making a fool out of Chris Harris Jr.

1 minute ago, Bartin said:

Not on Sherman though. The other CBs got torched by Bryant and Wheaton. Of course, Brown followed that up by making a fool out of Chris Harris Jr.

But if your QBs throws for nearly 500 yards in Seattle did you shutdown Brown? Or were the other matchups just getting too easy? 

29 minutes ago, panther4life said:

You can't guarantee that he only has 2-3 years left. He came into the league at 24 and has only been a full time starter for 2 years.The wear and tear on his body would be more similar to a player who's 2-3 years younger. Additionally, it's not like he relies on elite speed or any other attribute thats likely to take a rapid decline due to his age. No real injury history to worry you. 

Also people, clamoring that he was a product of our system or that he won't do as well in another teams defense, is something only time will tell. I'd be willing to say his skills helped our pass rush as much or more as the pass rush helped him.

I really wanted to keep Josh, but you have to draw a line in the sand once his demands reached a certain point. I don't know what my personal cut off would have been, but 15 million/year is certainly not a number I think we should have entertained. 

Another under appreciated fact heres is  the most important part of the contract  is the initial 3 year payout (the money the player is most likely to see all of). Norman just blew right past every top corner in the league, including Sherman, Peterson, and Revis who all recently signed long term deals. 

It will be very tough for him to live up to the deal, but as we saw with other positions this year, very good to elite players are getting insane money now and have no problem finding multiple suitors to pay their asking price or at least get close. Its all relative, but I will miss him for sure.

Start naming elite CBs over the age of 30.  Revis... crickets.

Smart teams don't write up contracts on blind hope that a guy will continue to perform at an elite level past the age that the vast majority of players at that position are in decline.  

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Smart teams don't write up contracts on blind hope that a guy will continue to perform at an elite level past the age that the vast majority of players at that position are in decline.  

Start naming elite corners under 30. Norman, Peterson, Sherman. crickets.

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Great point. The other thing is, if Josh was a freak athlete I might say he would potentially be great past 30, but he is far from a freak athlete. This is a typical Redskin move 

15 minutes ago, Datawire said:

I gotta be honest, when I heard he was visiting with the Redskins, I was all like...well, it is the Redskins, but Maybe Snyder has learned from things in the past. Haynesworth, RGIII, mega picks, Nah they have wised up. Then Boom! I guess some things really don't change. 

Delta gonna have one hell of a stable now.

Lmao...Hilarious

Good for the Redskins. I knew Josh was gonna get that deal because he was worth that deal. It seems only Gettlemens fat ass didn't see that. This will hurt the panthers in the long run. Players aren't going to want to come here because they'll understand that Gettleman is going to undervalue them, use them up and when they are fully concussed, toss them in the garbage while his fat ass counts all the money he's made off the backs of their labor. Sometime you need to take ur ego out of it and pay players what they are worth. I think Gettleman feels a lot of these players are beneath him and doesn't like the idea of writing them big checks. He wants to make sure these guys "know their place". That's going to kick him in the ass eventually. 

1 hour ago, mc52beast said:

One thing about that idiot Dan Snyder, he has no problem over-paying for star players... hasn't  worked out to well for him so far.

Hope Josh enjoys his NFC East crown this season... and then losing in the first round.

I agree. Part of me though, believes some of his thinking may have been toward the marketing as much if not more than the player himself. That team hasnt really been talked about since RG3. Now they will be all over the headlines and talked about much more for Josh being THAT guy. Imagine how much exposure ( good or bad) they will get from just the Norman/OBJ match goes on, or the talk between him and other players each week/social media.

1 hour ago, Sam Mills Fan said:

....In all honesty, I'm pretty devastated by this whole thing and I'm glad we don't play the Redskins this year. I wish him well.

Someone else might have already said this to you,, this is a long tread....... The Panthers DO play the Redskins this year.  On Monday night Dec 21st in Washington.  

Archived