• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Josh Norman agrees to terms with Redskins...

Jeremy Igo

Just now, usmcpanthers said:

Well I for one know I just lost a superbowl, id have unfinished business. He basically sold his chance at another superbowl over more money.

Josh did us a favor.  He is a good player but we would have been over paying him for the scheme we run even at 11 per year. That money is much better served going to kk.  As long as he doesn't start going all dlo I have no problem with him

1 minute ago, Datawire said:

Would you be happy if the Panthers would have dished out 50MIL G to have him stay, and to under mind the hard work that has been put in to get the cap situation resolved?

No im glad we didnt handcuff the team paying 50 mil. Im still feel betrayed Josh put that number out there and caused this. He got what he wanted and that's my last response on this matter.

1 minute ago, Datawire said:

Would you be happy if the Panthers would have dished out 50MIL G to have him stay, and to under mind the hard work that has been put in to get the cap situation resolved?

I would have been happy keeping the tag on him

which was an option we chose.  The whole "he probably would have signed it" defense just doesn't hold water...no one way he doesn't sign it 

1 minute ago, CRA said:

which was an option we chose.  The whole "he probably would have signed it" defense just doesn't hold water...no one way he doesn't sign it 

I would agree. Tag him, negotiate at the end of the year. We now know he that is not what he wanted.

Just now, CRA said:

Well in fairness....tell Steve Smith about loyalty

i mean if hurney was still here the "loyalty" talk might mean something considering that's generally how he did things.

both parties in this understand that it's a business.  i highly doubt dave gettleman looks at norman as disloyal or something else.

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

He was 100% committed to fully holding out and forcing the Panthers to do what they did or sign him to the long term deal he felt he was worth. 

On the market he was worth 15m per season and that was proven. 

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

I am not a blind Gettleman worshiper, however I due agree with him on the decision to pull the tag. Just too much to invest for a year rental. Also had potential to cause a locker room distraction, or even could hurt Normans play if the situation got in his head too much.

I was pissed when they franchised Hardy(before the domestic abuse news broke), knowing there was little to 0 chance a long term deal could work out. That year we could have actually spent the money on offensive tackle help, instead of blaming cap hell for rolling with Bell and Chandler.

5 minutes ago, Bartin said:

Sherman shut him down last year

Big Ben threw for 450+ yards and didn't even play the whole game.   Brown didn't have a huge game individually.  He did catch 6 balls and Pitt went up and down the field all over the secondary. 

7 minutes ago, Chief Keek said:

5 Yrs./$75M goodness gracious, welp he got paid as for the Redskins though.....

Redskins gonna Redskins

I gotta be honest, when I heard he was visiting with the Redskins, I was all like...well, it is the Redskins, but Maybe Snyder has learned from things in the past. Haynesworth, RGIII, mega picks, Nah they have wised up. Then Boom! I guess some things really don't change. 

Delta gonna have one hell of a stable now.

Archived