• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Deangelo Williams throwing shade at Gettleman...

Jeremy Igo

I get why Deangelo is still talking about the Panthers.  He lives in Charlotte.  I saw him at IKEA a few weeks ago.  He's also still very close with his teammates.  As a player, he's going to side with the players.  He doesn't care about the business of running a football team because his business is to be a good player.

He can throw the shade (what a dumb term BTW) all he wants.  He can insinuate all he wants.  He isn't a Panther, he's bitter about that.  He doesn't like Gettleman after the coddling of Marty Hurney.  

Three straight NFC South Championships, NFC Championship, and being the envy of the NFL say all that need to be said.

If we're being honest here, parting with D-Will ended up being the best for both parties.  The season he had in Pittsburgh (granted, only due to Bell's injury) was much better than he would possibly have gotten here.  He needed a change of scenery.

That being said, he's seems to be completely unaware of that fact. And he's currently acting like a bitter ex who spends so much time badmouthing his ex that his new girlfriend is starting to worry the he's not over her (us). Certainly doesn't help when his ex became a supermodel right after she broke up with him.

De-lo was one of my favorite players when he was a Panther.  I still like the guy even though it was time for him to move on.  He played really well last year.

The thing that made me really roll my eyes and not give anything he says any value is when on facebook he started talking about how NFL player really don't make a lot of money.  He said after taxes, paying your agent, and buying your momma a house there really wasn't that much left. 

Archived