• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Here's why it will be hard for Norman to come back...

Hotsauce

1 minute ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I like to think so, I know Josh really does love it here. I just don't know just how badly his agent screwed the pooch. Something happened there, and no one knows what.

From the reports of the offer he is getting from Washington, that would be a pretty damn quick conversation with Gettleman. Can't see us even bothering to try and compete with a $14M+ per year contract.

Just now, csx said:

So what's this thing about not being able to switch agents for 5 days or whatever? Any truth to that? If so hes not signing anything today or this weekend until he gets his new agent in the loop.

If you fire your agent you aren't allowed to sign with the new one for 5 days, but Josh didn't fire his old agent. He just brought a new one on to co-represent him presumably to circumvent that 5 day waiting period.

Josh played here, developed himself here, helped our team to become one of the top teams in the league.  We're still a young team, with a load of talent on the field, some of the best coaches in the league, and a true community in Charlotte and in the locker room.  The Panthers will likely be at the top of their game, competing for Championships for years, short of some significant disasters.  

Keep in mind, Josh played good for a couple of years and then great last year, with a VERY low level of compensation.  He's earned his due money as a top (maybe not THE top, but top 5) cornerback for his next contract.  If he is in his right mind, $16MM is too high, but a good starting point for negotiation.  $10-12MM might be a bit low for the Panthers start point (if that was indeed the number).  

If I'm Josh, and I can get my new agent to work with Gettleman to get to $13MM/year over 4-5 years with a healthy signing bonus, with the opportunity for great team success over the course of 4-5 years, I'd take it.  The extra annual $1-2MM he'd hope to get with the 49ers or Redskins won't taste nearly as good as the success and great environment the Panthers offer.  The 49ers are a looong way off from success under Chip Kelly - he's going to destroy anything good that may have been left there.  The Redskins have been high-spending also-rans for years and will likely not improve unless they draft really well and get some stability.

Suck up your ego, Josh, and get back to the table with Carolina.  You know where you want to be.

1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I like the fact that the guy that turned his back to the team for hundreds has issue with the guy doing it for millions.

Please tell me that you have an insult better than that....my 11 yo son can do better.

And....I believe the meetings with our Corporate CEO about our 5 year strategy was a little more important that flying to SF for a football game. 

And...I NEVER said that I had an issue with Norman leaving for more money.  I would have left for a 25% more than my previous employer was willing to pay me too.

I was just pointing out that your contention that it was NOT about money was ignorant and wrong.  Which, has been proven to be true.

He wants to be the highest paid CB.  Newsflash....that IS about the money.

Archived