• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Here's why it will be hard for Norman to come back...

Hotsauce

Only way he comes back is if he finds a rude awakening in negotiations with other teams, which I think is possible. I just really don't know how teams view his ability and whether they think a corner's worth 10% of their salary cap or not. It's conceivable he finds a dull market (compared to what he was looking for) and comes back here for $10-13M/year (probably closer to $11-12M) with a fairly sizable signing bonus. But it's more likely a team does offer him big money and he takes it. I just hope it's an AFC team that I don't hate so I can continue to root for him to have success as long as we're not up against him.

I'm pretty sure Josh won't be back in Charlotte this year, someone will offer him more money than Getty did. My thing with Norman is he was basically a zone corner who was asked to go man only a few times during a game, what other teams who can afford Josh play a similar style defense.

1 minute ago, JawnyBlaze said:

You OBVIOUSLY didn't see his explanation.  By "first offer is the best" he meant "last offer is the best".  How could you possibly confuse that?

I worded it confusingly. 

The first offer = the first round of negotiations between him and Carolina. 

If you've ever heard Josh speak, you will know the man is anything but unintelligent. He is passionate, but he is not an idiot.

Too much speculation right now, and I'll trust Jeremy's knowledge over OP who is just throwing poo at the wall hoping something sticks.

6 minutes ago, Hotsauce said:

I worded it confusingly. 

The first offer = the first round of negotiations between him and Carolina. 

The first round of negotiations wouldn't result in the best deal for Josh.

14 minutes ago, Hotsauce said:

Sure we don't have the direct connection like you do. But I am calling it like I see it from my view. 

Maybe his original agent is all about the money?  Hell I don't know, all I do know is he ain't getting the last deal he was offered by Getts if he were to start renegotiating with Carolina. 

I believe his agent was very "green" in terms on negotiations. The only mistake Josh made was trusting the wrong person. Josh gets a new agent now watch what happens. He will land somewhere in the next couple of days for less than you think.

i think its possible, it will be hard for him to turn down a lot of money teams are willing to pay him. I can see him coming back. He wants to be here. His statement to the AP was telling for me. If he was all about money, he would have said more and thanked the panthers etc. 

Norman will be back..why? Because when panthers lost it broke him emotionally..He doesn't want to experience that again..

Gettleman put it out there that the door was open for Josh to return..

I have no doubt he will ignore that olive branch just to chase money and lose constantly on a weak team every other Sunday..

Archived