• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Here's why it will be hard for Norman to come back...

Hotsauce

So I have seen a lot of people in the camp that he comes back....here's why he won't....

First off, if he returns to Gettleman, the offer Getts will make will not be as sweet as it was when they were negotiating. This is a major rule of negotiation. The first offer, is usually the best.  So he would be offered less money than his original negotiations.

Norman is clear he is all about the money.  Now he will test the market and will probably recieve better offers than what the Panthers offered, but certainly not the $16 million he is asking for.  He has likely already found this out, hence why he hired another agent.

So I just don't see any circumstance where he can possibly come back. 

Just now, Jeremy Igo said:

People that say this clearly don't understand Josh. 

Sure we don't have the direct connection like you do. But I am calling it like I see it from my view. 

Maybe his original agent is all about the money?  Hell I don't know, all I do know is he ain't getting the last deal he was offered by Getts if he were to start renegotiating with Carolina. 

3 minutes ago, Hotsauce said:

First off, if he returns to Gettleman, the offer Getts will make will not be as sweet as it was when they were negotiating. This is a major rule of negotiation. The first offer, is usually the best.  So he would be offered less money than his original negotiations. 

I'm not really buying that. I don't think GMan is an asshole. I think he offered what he thinks Josh is worth. I can't imagine if they were to pick up the negotiations again he would all of a sudden just offer him less because of what's happened. Obviously just speculation but GMan seems like he's a business and of Josh is worth X to him then that's the offer 

2 minutes ago, Bartin said:

Umm, I'm pretty sure it's the opposite. We didn't start at $12M and when he said no countered with $11M.

Sorry, I wasn't fully clear, what I am implying by "first deal" meaning the last/largest amount offered by Carolina. 

Just now, Hotsauce said:

Sure we don't have the direct connection like you do. But I am calling it like I see it from my view. 

Maybe his original agent is all about the money?  Hell I don't know, all I do know is he ain't getting the last deal he was offered by Getts if he were to start renegotiating with Carolina. 

There's no reason whatsoever to believe that Gettleman's offer wouldn't still be on the table.  Gettleman said that paying $14mil for one year without the hope of a long term deal was becoming unattractive.  Not his offer to Norman's agent.  Gettleman don't play no games.  If he said Norman is worth $11 or 12mil to the Panthers, that's what he believes he's worth.  That number isn't going to go down.  Gettleman didn't get hurt feelings and will lower his offer out of spite.  If Norman came back with his new agent and said "Ok Mr. Gettleman, you win.  I'll take your offer."  I don't believe for one second that Gettleman would tell him to fug off.

The first offer is always the best offer?  What???  Neither side is going to put their best offer on the table right away.  If this was the case there would never be any actual negotiating.  Josh probably came to the table wanting $16M, but maybe willing to take $14M.  Gettleman probably came to the table offering $10M but maybe willing to go to $12M.  Gettleman saw the gap in between and neither side was budging so he called it off.  The above numbers are just a guess, but I imagine it went down something like that.

1 minute ago, RoaringRiot said:

I'm not really buying that. I don't think GMan is an asshole. I think he offered what he thinks Josh is worth. I can't imagine if they were to pick up the negotiations again he would all of a sudden just offer him less because of what's happened. Obviously just speculation but GMan seems like he's a business and of Josh is worth X to him then that's the offer 

I really wouldn't consider it a dick move, that type of tactic is very common in business. 

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The first offer is always the best offer?  What???  Neither side is going to put their best offer on the table right away.  If this was the case there would never be any actual negotiating.  Josh probably came to the table wanting $16M, but maybe willing to take $14M.  Gettleman probably came to the table offering $10M but maybe willing to go to $12M.  Gettleman saw the gap in between and neither side was budging so he called it off.  The above numbers are just a guess, but I imagine it went down something like that.

You OBVIOUSLY didn't see his explanation.  By "first offer is the best" he meant "last offer is the best".  How could you possibly confuse that?

Archived