• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Left 4 Dead or Resident Evil 5

TbTeRRoR

Left 4 dead is out and play-able

ResEv 5 lookin like its gonna ship this spring

if you could get only one is Left 4 Dead really good like on Resident evil 4's level?

I loved RE:4 so is Left 4 Dead worth it on a tight budget. when buying it would possibly push back my purchase of Re5 till like August?(and I realize no one has any idea how good RE 5 will play I'm just basing in on the hope that it will as good or even better than RE 4)

Bottem line:

Any one who has played RE:4 & left 4 dead think the wait for 5 should make me abstain from buying Left 4 Dead?

It doesnt look that bad once you zoom in 3rd person view.

It kind of looks like Mass Effect's camera.

Yeah, if you do it from a Ghost Recon perspective (where you see your back and helmet, but maybe not even zoomed in that much) it isn't that bad.. But if you go out far enough where you can see your feet, it's very funny looking..

3rd person shooting in fall out 3 ? you get a reticule on teh screen or what?

the thing that makes Resident evil 4 work so well is the laser sights

You have a crosshairs type thing in the center of your screen regardless of if your in first person or third.. but it has an awesome V.A.T.S. system in which you activate it at the beginning of a battle.. It freezes time, and lets you analyze the enemy.. It zooms in on them and you select which body part you want to aim for, and it shows you your percentage chance to hit that part.... Then once you have selected the part or parts (your action points sometimes allow you to make multiple attacks in a given attack (it does a cinematic type thing usually when you are attacking in the VATS mode...)) you eventually use up those points.. If the enemy is not dead, you can use an item to replenish action points, or just go at the enemy with the crosshairs...

I know that sounds insane, but it's sick.... Check it out on YouTube or something.... You can probably setup your 3rd person camera to mimic games like Ghost Recon, Socom (although I wouldn't keep the feet in frame, as those are what makes it look a little silly sometimes), or any other similar game in which you are third person..

left 4 dead has no story too it. it's pretty much survive and get to the safehouse, kinda like horde on gears of war 2. i have the resident evil 5 demo (japan demo) it's very slow compared too left 4 dead. i think both are worth having, i would rent left 4 dead and see how you like it.

There is some 3rd person there... The thing I noticed after watching that is that the youtube user put it to some sucky music, and the gore is kind of funny from a single .44 mag bullet...

Samuel L. Jackson knows about his motherf*cking video games!

:D

Archived