• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

COLA - Charlotte to San Fran

Jeremy Igo

2 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I guess I can't relate. 

I would much rather make a ton of money than sound like I make a ton of money. 

That's not what is going on with JNo.  He wants to be known as the best and thinks salary proves that. 

Won't be the first time that ego has cost someone a lot of money and quality of life.  Have fun out in SF with Blaine Gabbert as your QB.  The other teams will be up on you and running the ball often, so you will have even less opportunities out there.  When SF cuts you in 2 years, your value will be much lower. 

im not going to read this thread but the SF leak is almost certainly just a smokescreen from an agent.

There's no way SF is going to commit money to josh right now. He'll be north of thirty the next time they're relevant.

He's going to be a jag if he's just chasing a paycheck.

Or, he could tuck his tail and come back. Who knows.

13 minutes ago, csx said:

He doesn't have to live in SF to play there.

The entire Bay Area is insanely outrageous and traffic is prohibitive to living too far out.  Moving from NC to the Bay Area would be a huge shock in terms of cost of living.  I have a buddy who just moved back from there to VA after his wife got pregnant.  They were paying $3400 a month for a complete poo hole of a 600 square foot apartment and that was considered an amazing deal.

I vaguely remember a discussion last year in which someone stated that a player gets taxed based on where the game is played, not where they live.  If you play a game at Los Angeles, you pay California tax rates, if the game is in Charlotte, you pay NC tax rates.  Not sure if that is accurate though.  But if it is, it lessens to an extent the impact of going to a California based team.   

This is something more athletes should know about.  Sometimes I watch the show House Hunters when there is particularly nothing on.  I casually noticed couples who buy houses in the southeast, get bigger houses for much less here than in most other areas in the country.  They are getting houses at 100,000 dollars, that would cost 600,000 or more in places like LA or New York.  Now there are other states where you could get the same cost of living or better than here, but compared to the big cities on the west coast, it is smarter to stay here.

35 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The entire Bay Area is insanely outrageous and traffic is prohibitive to living too far out.  Moving from NC to the Bay Area would be a huge shock in terms of cost of living.  I have a buddy who just moved back from there to VA after his wife got pregnant.  They were paying $3400 a month for a complete poo hole of a 600 square foot apartment and that was considered an amazing deal.

I'm sure he would be comfortable getting a 500K home in Tracy.

BTW, SF itself is  a good hour+ commute to the current stadium, during rush hour. he'd more likely get a place in South Bay until he knew the area. prices down here aren't as bad as SF itself, but still a lot more than Charlotte. eg, a nice 1000sqft 2b2b will start around 3K.

Just now, Mother Grabber said:

I'm sure he would be comfortable getting a 500K home in Tracy.

BTW, SF itself is  a good hour+ commute to the current stadium, during rush hour. he'd more likely get a place in South Bay until he knew the area. prices down here aren't as bad as SF itself, but still a lot more than Charlotte. eg, a nice 1000sqft 2b2b will start around 3K.

Tracy is a poo hole with a terrible commute to the Bay Area.  If I'm making NFL money there's no way in hell I'm living in Tracy.  LOL

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

My friend pays $3500 for a one bed one bath in SF and if it is bigger than 700 sq ft. I'd be shocked. 

50 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Tracy is a poo hole with a terrible commute to the Bay Area.  If I'm making NFL money there's no way in hell I'm living in Tracy.  LOL

I lived in Mountain House for four years. Don't get me started on the Tracy to Milpitas commute. 

Archived