• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

COLA - Charlotte to San Fran

Jeremy Igo

23 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

It costs roughly 60% more to live in San Fran than it does in Charlotte. 

So if the Panthers offered, say, 10 million to Josh.... San Fran would need to offer 16 just to match the Panthers in terms of real world dollars and not figures on a contract. 

I really wonder if Josh's agent has thought this through. 

Did his agent really act in Josh best interest? If his agent gets say 20%, HE is better off with a 16 Mil deal than with a 10 Mil. It is a different story where his agent files taxes and where Josh has to file them going forward.

Sure you spend 60% more on a house now, also sell it for 60% more when you get rid of it. So net worth doesn't change, the amount of zeros in bank account temporarily does.  Heck he could probably make a few mill selling a San Fran house in 5 years.  We don't have that kind of real estate market here, most of the guys make very little on the million dollar homes here. 

Taxes are a whole other ball game...but if I remember correctly, you pay taxes in the state you play the game, so only half of his paycheck would get docked the crazy amount.  And I would assume marketing deals would be abundant in SF to offset those loses.

25 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I guess I can't relate. 

I would much rather make a ton of money than sound like I make a ton of money. 

My wife and I live in the Bay Area and both make what I would typically consider to be pretty damn good money. Our combined annual household income is well over $150K. We aren't having kids (I have a 14 year old daughter from previous relationship) because we can't afford them.

My older brother makes roughly $50K a year and lives in Zebulon, NC and pays a mortgage and takes care of his wife and FIVE children off it and is quite content. 

There is a reason I constantly browse the web for houses and jobs in NC, and he has never once expressed a desire to come back my way. 

So I know for a fact how great of a point you are making. 

Real Estate there is unreal. My boss used to live just outside of LA. He showed me pictures of his house which was worth about $1.2 million,here in SW Virginia, it would have been maybe $500k. Here is an article I read about the Rams move and how the median house price in St Louis is $160k and LA is $500k.

http://www.housingwire.com/blogs/1-rewired/post/36051-st-louis-rams-sacked-by-real-estate-reality-as-team-moves-to-los-angeles

8 minutes ago, Cam El said:

Real Estate there is unreal. My boss used to live just outside of LA. He showed me pictures of his house which was worth about $1.2 million,here in SW Virginia, it would have been maybe $500k. Here is an article I read about the Rams move and how the median house price in St Louis is $160k and LA is $500k.

http://www.housingwire.com/blogs/1-rewired/post/36051-st-louis-rams-sacked-by-real-estate-reality-as-team-moves-to-los-angeles

You ever watch that show "Love it or List it" or "House Hunters" or whatever on HGTV? My wife is a huge fan and you see tons of houses all over the US and Canada. I'll see a a 3 bedroom 2 and a half bath home in Texas and the price is $150,000 and then in another episode they'll go to Canada or CA and the same size home with the same square footage is $500,000. It's insane. It makes me appreciate living in NC so much more. 

I don't think Norman really thought about where he would play, just that he wanted to be the highest paid corner. So, in his mind, if he gets his 16 million a year in SF vs. 12 million a year here, he would have accomplished his goal. He was only like a 5th round pick and I think he wants the justification of being the highest paid corner  to help make him satisfied with his career. It's not my money, or ego, but I would rather make 12 million in Charlotte and have a good chance for a ring, rather than go to another place like SF and actually end up with less money after taxes and cost of living and no ring. He is already 29, the Panthers have a good shot at going back this year. I don't think a team like SF, Jacksonville, or Dallas does. I think this proves Josh is more about Josh, instead of winning or the team. Kind of like, "Straight cash homey!"

30 minutes ago, Cracka McNasty said:

You ever watch that show "Love it or List it" or "House Hunters" or whatever on HGTV? My wife is a huge fan and you see tons of houses all over the US and Canada. I'll see a a 3 bedroom 2 and a half bath home in Texas and the price is $150,000 and then in another episode they'll go to Canada or CA and the same size home with the same square footage is $500,000. It's insane. It makes me appreciate living in NC so much more. 

I haven't lived in Charlotte for about 25 years but I lived in southern Georgia for a short time about 10 years ago. When we moved back to Virginia, we bought a house that was about 800 sq ft smaller but paid $30k more for it. It is crazy, how it can vary.

1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

It costs roughly 60% more to live in San Fran than it does in Charlotte. 

So if the Panthers offered, say, 10 million to Josh.... San Fran would need to offer 16 just to match the Panthers in terms of real world dollars and not figures on a contract. 

I really wonder if Josh's agent has thought this through. 

We know Carolina offered 5 years 55 million to Norman. So really be like more then 17 a season from SF or LA. 

Archived