• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Patrick Peterson throws a haymaker at Josh Norman

Jeremy Igo

12 minutes ago, Argus Plexus said:

I'm gonna fugin laugh if nobody signs Josh for being such a monumental dick bag. Who wants someone like that on their team, someone you're never sure you can count on.

Someone that wants to get paid the most they can in a league that averages three years of employment?

I'm glad we did not overpay him but I can't fault him for going for the money while you can.

This franchise has had a bad history of overpaying. That's not going to happen with DG. This move took huge balls. He easily could have just kept him on the hook for one year or tried to arrange a sign and trade. It's a message to free agents and their agents for sure..

lol.  fug PP.     I would take Norman every Sunday,  over PP. 

I hope Norman gets paid big by whatever team he chooses and has a good career away from us.    I hope he sucks whenever he plays against us.        Overall though,  I wish him the best.     Get yo money young buck.   fug all the haters. 

3 hours ago, Argus Plexus said:

I'm gonna fugin laugh if nobody signs Josh for being such a monumental dick bag. Who wants someone like that on their team, someone you're never sure you can count on.

that's my feeling he had one great season and he wants some ridiculous pay! Don't need you, he show up on contract year? Can't play on your franchise year tag to show you are not a true one year wonder?? See Ya!

On 4/20/2016 at 7:50 PM, scpanther22 said:

Someone that wants to get paid the most they can in a league that averages three years of employment?

I'm glad we did not overpay him but I can't fault him for going for the money while you can.

I've got no problem with someone trying to look out for #1, that's normal. What I don't like is that while he was here, he already had that me-me-me mentality. We all passed it off because he was OUR me-me-me guy and he was actually really fugin good at what he does. We can't meet the number he wants, and he claims he would be "Honored" to receive the franchise tag. So we tag him, 14 mil if I remember correctly. That is an OBSCENE amount of money for one season of play, almost elite QB money. And yet, he strings the team along for no reason, doesn't sign the tag, and decides not to show up to offseason workouts, which can ONLY hurt the team. What the hell, Norman? His actions speak for him, he never gave a crap about the team. We need team-first players, not me-first players. Good luck in your future endeavors, Josh. Thanks but no thanks. That 14 mil is MUCH better spent elsewhere on someone who will put the team first.

On 4/20/2016 at 7:58 AM, The Huddler said:

I posted this earlier but it got burried on p22

For the record and what its worth, I think Norman is a rop flight shutdown corner..

thing is, we dont need that in carolina. we run zone blitz scheme. we put pressure on the QB and run confusing zone schemes. theres a reason Julio Jones called Norman a great zone corner.. its because we run zone dammit! its not a slight on josh. 

we not need a shutdown corner to have a great defense (2013). it would be a waste to pay him that much and to have that kind of calibur player! now norman can go to a team that runs much more man coverage and he can proceed to be the shutdown corner he is.

its smart. both sides win. money goes to positions on our team that are high value to our scheme and identity. shut down corner isnt one of them. we have a lot of young guys to pay. KB, Star, KK, Turner, Ealy..  id much rather lose josh than any of these guys..

we will be fine.  i remember the same panic heading into 2013 with our seconday..  #2 defense. 

Since we are digging up old stuiff and patting ourselves on the back, here is what I said back in February.

I would prefer to tag for next year, and then let him walk if he didnt sign a VERY team-friendly deal.

I love his play like everyone, but the dude is just weird. So far that isnt a problem, but at some point...some day...he is going to go too far over the top with his personality, or the things he says, or the stuff on the field. Something is going to happen with him, and it wont be pretty.

3 hours ago, Argus Plexus said:

I've got no problem with someone trying to look out for #1, that's normal. What I don't like is that while he was here, he already had that me-me-me mentality. We all passed it off because he was OUR me-me-me guy and he was actually really fugin good at what he does. We can't meet the number he wants, and he claims he would be "Honored" to receive the franchise tag. So we tag him, 14 mil if I remember correctly. That is an OBSCENE amount of money for one season of play, almost elite QB money. And yet, he strings the team along for no reason, doesn't sign the tag, and decides not to show up to offseason workouts, which can ONLY hurt the team. What the hell, Norman? His actions speak for him, he never gave a crap about the team. We need team-first players, not me-first players. Good luck in your future endeavors, Josh. Thanks but no thanks. That 14 mil is MUCH better spent elsewhere on someone who will put the team first.

Honestly it sounds like you're putting your love for the team in the middle of the facts bringing emotion into business. We're team first becasue we are fans, the players are team first up to what their contract says..beyond that I can't fault them for going for everything they feel like they're worth and far as him being "Me me me" I never expected anything different. Finding a selfless WR or CB is  pretty rare.. 

Like I said I am glad we did not overpay him but I also don't think he's some kind of snake now becasue he wanted a ton of money from a billion dollar franchise.

4 hours ago, Argus Plexus said:

I don't have an issue with him wanting the money nor wanting to play under the tag, even when the tag was $14M.

Playing under that tag.....he could have made $14M and had a career ending injury.  Or, he could have had an off year.

Now, he is going to get a multi year deal worth north of $15M (probably).  He made the right financial choice.

47 minutes ago, scpanther22 said:

Honestly it sounds like you're putting your love for the team in the middle of the facts bringing emotion into business. We're team first becasue we are fans, the players are team first up to what their contract says..beyond that I can't fault them for going for everything they feel like they're worth and far as him being "Me me me" I never expected anything different. Finding a selfless WR or CB is  pretty rare.. 

Like I said I am glad we did not overpay him but I also don't think he's some kind of snake now becasue he wanted a ton of money from a billion dollar franchise.

Didn't call him a snake, he just made an ass of himself by claiming he would be "Honored" (His words) to receive the franchise tag, and then turning around and not signing it. His words don't match his actions, that's a dishonest person and someone Getts probably doesn't want anywhere near the team. Thus the situation we find ourselves in.

38 minutes ago, MadHatter said:

I don't have an issue with him wanting the money nor wanting to play under the tag, even when the tag was $14M.

Playing under that tag.....he could have made $14M and had a career ending injury.  Or, he could have had an off year.

Now, he is going to get a multi year deal worth north of $15M (probably).  He made the right financial choice.

True. I just don't want dishonest people around the team. It hurts the team ala Greg Hardy. We could have partaken in free agency in a greater degree to find a reasonably priced replacement, but instead he lied and strung the team along. Now we have to hope we can find a band-aid good enough to patch the gaping hole he left. His dishonesty affected the team's chances at being competitive. Not to the point where anything overly bad will happen, but it hurt the team nonetheless. He's dishonest.

Just now, Argus Plexus said:

True. I just don't want dishonest people around the team. It hurts the team ala Greg Hardy. We could have partaken in free agency in a greater degree to find a reasonably priced replacement, but instead he lied and strung the team along. Now we have to hope we can find a band-aid good enough to patch the gaping hole he left. His dishonesty affected the team's chances at being competitive. Not to the point where anything overly bad will happen, but it hurt the team nonetheless. He's dishonest.

You really think we didn't know ahead of time that he wasn't going to sign the tag right away? It was obvious he wasn't going to. He's said all along he was waiting for a long term deal and that waiting was his specialty.

Archived