• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Titans in prime 2nd round trade position....

Jeremy Igo

I have been saying for a while now that the Panthers would like to trade up in the second round. Taking a look at the Titans, it looks like they would be a prime target for an offer. 

Titans have... 

• First round: 15th overall selection
  • Second round: 33rd overall selection
  • Second round: 43rd overall selection
  • Second round: 45th overall selection
  • Third round: 64th overall selection
  • Third round: 76th overall selection

I am eyeballing that 43rd selection in the second round. There should be at least one player listed here that will be available at that time, preferably Sterling Shepard.

The Panthers would need to package their 3rd round selection with their 2nd to make that move, which I am fine with. 

So go ahead, Dave, make that call on draft day. 

Thread Bonus!!! Titans cheerleader pics from last season... 

titans-cheerleaders-12.jpg

titans-cheerleaders-2.jpg

titans-cheerleaders-8.jpg

titans-cheerleaders-17.jpg

Jeremy, any idea if Klein is on the trade block or if we want to try to extend him and keep him as Luke's backup? He probably wants a starting job and money somewhere and would be nice to get something out of him. Could Klein and our 2nd be enough to get the 43rd pick? they play a 3-4 but he could probably still be a beast inside there, and their current inside backers aren't that great.

3 hours ago, thomas96 said:

Jeremy, any idea if Klein is on the trade block or if we want to try to extend him and keep him as Luke's backup? He probably wants a starting job and money somewhere and would be nice to get something out of him. Could Klein and our 2nd be enough to get the 43rd pick? they play a 3-4 but he could probably still be a beast inside there, and their current inside backers aren't that great.

It is an interesting thought. Depends on how they feel about Mayo this year I imagine. 

I'm praying we trade up in the 2nd at this point. Grab 2 guys from the Huddle master list of 1st-2nd round options, make a couple picks on Saturday, then get on the phone with UDFAs. It's going to be tough to make this team. I don't want to try stashing a multitude of draft picks and young guys on the practice squad where they can be poached. 

They'd have to give us a real sweet deal our 2 and 3 will probably only get us to 50 max and that may be generous.

Trade Chart wise our 2,3,4,5 would equal the 43 pick actually, I know it's a rough estimate but probably should set your sights a little lower here. Unless you threw in a pick next year.

Titans will probably be moving up and not down. I can see them using those two 2nds to move up to the early 20s to get Decker, Conklin or Spriggs after going defense at 15. Moving from 15 with one or two of those 2nds back into the top 10 to get Stanley or a sliding Tunsil is also a very realistic possibility. Now if they move up with the Browns to #8 then we could then trade with the Browns into the mid 40's for one of those picks because they just want to keep stockpiling.

5 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

While it'd be nice, they're not going to give us two extra 2nds to move up three spots.

I've definitely seen some of the more ridiculous trade suggestions I've seen in my whole life over the past couple hours

Archived