• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Just realized who Shaq Lawson reminds me of....

Jeremy Igo

Yeah I think Lawson is much more highly coveted than Dodd. Dodd is a vintage "potential" guy. Not that there's anything wrong with that, he's got your ideal measurables, but Lawson looks like a top flight prospect right now when he's on. He had some downer games but Dodd doesn't look as if he truly stepped into 1st round dominance until the end of the season. 

26 minutes ago, The Lone Panther said:

What do you mean by "bias?"

3 sacks in the big game and ending the season on a 5 game sack streak gives people the impression that he was some kind of unblockable beast all season when really Lawson was the one who drew double teams all year and had a better season. hence, recency bias.

14 minutes ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

And has been medically flagged for his shoulder.

Lawson might be superior athlete but Dodd reminds me of Big Money. The guy just does his job consistently well without a ton of flair. Every now and then, he has those performances like we saw against Alabama.

ehhh give me the superior athlete. Dodd also benefitted from having Lawson drawing attention from the OL. whoever the Gman takes I would be okay with, I just think people rate Dodd higher than the scouts do.

22 minutes ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

Lawson might be superior athlete but Dodd reminds me of Big Money. The guy just does his job consistently well without a ton of flair. Every now and then, he has those performances like we saw against Alabama.

From what I understand, he was flagged by one team.  And he was cleared at his combine medical re-check.  Which is irrelevant to us anyway since he almost certainly won't be there for us anyway.

8 minutes ago, pantherphan96 said:

ehhh give me the superior athlete. Dodd also benefitted from having Lawson drawing attention from the OL. whoever the Gman takes I would be okay with, I just think people rate Dodd higher than the scouts do.

QFT. Shaq was their top guy and is the better athlete and player right now. They both have great hands that they use to create space and I will be happy with either.

17 minutes ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

You have brought up his shoulder numerous times. He was flagged at the Combine by 1 team. But was cleared almost immediately. Just 1 more example in a long line of poorly formed opinions.

As for Dodd. He got better as the year progressed. The last 5 or so games of the year, he was playing as well as anyone. If he continues that trend. He very well could be a very good pro. Maybe you should stick with S. Florida teams. At least with them you may have some, you know, actual knowledge.

You are really good at this interwebz thingy. You make vague assertions to back your points, and make them sound like you know what you are talking about. Good work if you can find it.

I don't usually call folks out. But the wife is getting on my nerves. and you have been on a roll lately. So naturally I just had to say something.

Archived