• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers working out WVU Corner... oh Squirrel....

Jeremy Igo

welp

Worley, who missed West Virginia’s last two games, was arrested on an original charge of misdemeanor battery three days after the incident at the Lux nightclub in downtown Morgantown. The battery charge would have carried a maximum sentence of one year in jail.

The altercation occurred hours after West Virginia returned from defeating Maryland 40-37. Police were called to the 18-and-up nightclub after Worley allegedly grabbed a young woman by the throat and shoved her to the ground. Investigators said the bar’s surveillance video confirmed the victim’s account.

http://wvmetronews.com/2014/10/08/worley-pleads-no-contest-to-assualt-charge-expects-6-month-suspended-sentence/

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I had to go back and edit, he plead no contest, not guilty.   Pretty much means he had no defense though, so read into that what you will.  He probably assaulted a woman outside of a nightclub.

He claims he was defending his girlfriend and that the woman was attacking them. Still not good, but probably not as bad as some cases are.

16 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

53120292401014430421003476992_19ff7746ec

NOPE.

I agree, but if that's the case why waste time working him out? I guess Wilks or whoever could have been in Morgantown meeting with Karl Joseph and decided that since he was already there he might as well work the guy out just in case and then Worley's agent told Aaron Wilson about the interest his client has been receiving. That's the only way it makes sense to me unless us being at the WVU pro day was misconstrued as a workout.

32 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

He plead no contest to assaulting a woman outside of a nightclub last fall.  Doubt he'll be a Panther.

I doubt it too, however the team kept Hardy and let him play until that Ray Rice video came out and the press blew DV in the league up. Neither Rawls or Frank Clark's past has been in the news at all since Seattle added them, and neither would this kid's. If they were to interview him and believe that's all in the past I don't think they wouldn't consider adding him to the team if they felt it was a good football move.

Archived