• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Super Bowl loss stil sting for others?

Crazydounut

I know a lot of people will hate me for bringing this back up but I was wondering if the Super Bowl loss still stings for you. Everytime I think about football now I always get an empty feeling in my stomach as well as the sadness of being that close to a Super Bowl championship having the kind of year that we had made the loss even more depressing. Now I know that next year is Super Bowl 51 in Houston. I'm pretty certain ya'll remember that awful Febuary day in Houston 12 years ago. This year is redemption year for the Cardiac Cats. For Super Bowl 38 and 50. It's destiny with Sam Mills and Jerry Richardson wearing 51 in their playing years. The loss against The Broncos stings. But like the KC Royals twitter stated after the loss. "Redemtion makes it that much sweeter." @'ing the Carolina twitter. That is what will happen. 

This year is our year. Carolina revenge tour starts September 2016 folks. Get ready for another fantastic year of Panthers football

Abso-fuggin-lutely it does.  I doubt I will ever watch that game again.  Only the draft really has me plugged back into the NFL right now.

But the Broncos serve as a good example of a staying the course after a stinging defeat in the big game. Their SB loss to SEA was an epic blowout, way worse than ours to DEN this year.  I am sure their fans were beyond devastated, probably the team was as well, they stuck with it and prevailed.  I fully believe in the ability of our GM to continue to build up our team and the talent on the team will get us back there with a different ending to the game.

You know how when you get kicked in the nuts there's that initial shock and it hurts?  That was the first couple of weeks.  Then there's a brief period where it doesn't hurt and you think you're going to be ok? That was March for me.  Then, it's April, and you're dicking around on your phone and you go to your ESPN app to check the score to some other games and there it is....taunting you like some kind of elementary school bully, on the bottom of your screen, 24-10 DEN, then all of the sudden there's this overwhelming aching deep within your stomach and you want to vomit?  Yeah that's how I feel. Sure it'll fade in time but I'll always remember getting kicked in the nuts.

Does it still hurt, yea.  Does it sting, not really.  I can now talk about it without getting depressed, mad, sad, angry, etc.  It stung the first few weeks afterwards, but you have to move on at some point.  It wasn't our time.  We'll be back and the two lost super bowls will make it that much sweeter.  On to the draft, baby!

29 minutes ago, The_Light_Brigade said:

you go to your ESPN app to check the score to some other games and there it is....taunting you like some kind of elementary school bully, on the bottom of your screen, 24-10 DEN

YES!  Driving me nuts.  I hate that I keep seeing that score!

It'll be a very long time before I get over that loss. Combined with UNC losing in the most dumb fashion possible, I am in sports numbness, where I try to find reasons to get excited about football. I WISH i could just forget it like a lot of people have, but it'll be really hard for me to.

It is still really depressing because I do feel we had the talent to win and there's very much the "Coulda Shoulda" feeling, that this is one we SHOULD have won.  

As Ron Rivera's Bears teams show, you don't always get back even with stellar talent.  We SHOULD get back, but there are no guarantees in life or football.  I *REALLY* want us to get a SB win soon so as to dim the regrets of the two we've lost...

It does help though that the 17-2 season was SO much fun, so memorable, so unexpected in many respects.  Having such incredible team chemistry... watching J-No ball out, having Peanut & Jared as Panthers, Cam being league MVP, 10 pro-bowlers... I've been reminding myself of all these things and the sting is definitely lessening.

Archived