• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

All returning....

Jeremy Igo

Our team has only improved. I think they want to be truly undefeated this time around and I'm not going to bet against them. The squad went 15-1. We just signed a starting caliber CB and one of the best run stuffers in football to back up our elite DT/NT tandem. We're getting our 6'5 stud WR back to pair with Funchess who just started to find a groove.

We still have our speed threat in Ginn and all around good WR in Brown. I think Bene coming back healthy will be a huge factor but this team could be better than last season. 

Another solid draft by GMan and we will have zero holes on this team. We may take the best TE first round to pair with Olsen or Henry to pummel defenses with Stewart. And you bet your ass the FO is taking a DE to stack our pass rush.

3 minutes ago, ctrcat said:

Cam is 26.  Luke is 24.  Both are signed through the next presidential election cycle.  Rings, plural, will be won.  Not only are we better this year, but the schedule is loaded with QBs that are pure @$$, not to mention maybe our toughest home game against KC will likely feature a team without their best defensive player (Houston). Our toughest road game on paper according to most, Seattle, will feature a team who may have had the worst offseason in the NFL this year.

Wonder how Green Bay felt when Rodgers won his first one at 26/27?

How did Favre only get 1 ring in 20 years as a HOF QB?

That's just not typically how it works.  That said, I'm fully behind this team no matter what, and I do expect that Cam, Luke, DG, and RR have made it possible to have long term sustained success, but rings are never guaranteed.

1 minute ago, thefuzz said:

That's just not typically how it works.  That said, I'm fully behind this team no matter what, and I do expect that Cam, Luke, DG, and RR have made it possible to have long term sustained success, but rings are never guaranteed.

They aren't but neither Favre or Rodgers have the talent and ceiling that Cam does. Nobody can move the chains and convert 3rd downs in the multitude of ways he can do it. And neither Favre or Rodgers had what will be arguably the GOAT at MLB.

This team is pretty damn stacked even without those two. But the fact that we have them both and long term is something that nobody in the league has.

4 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

Rodgers was 28, and Favre was truly the most "boneheaded clutch" QB of all time.  The gift he gave New Orleans in the NFCCG summed up his career.  As Cecil said this year, we are only scratching the surface with Cam.

1 minute ago, OneBadCat said:

They aren't but neither Favre or Rodgers have the talent and ceiling that Cam does. Nobody can move the chains and convert 3rd downs in the multitude of ways he can do it. And neither Favre or Rodgers had what will be arguably the GOAT at MLB.

This team is pretty damn stacked even without those two. But the fact that we have them both and long term is something that nobody in the league has.

Favre and Rodgers are two of the most gifted QB's to ever play the game.  Can they run for 1st's as well as Cam, no.  Can they do everything that Cam can do, no.  Do you at least have to be concerned about durability, and the ability to play for 15 years with Cam, yes.

I'm not saying that we won't get right back to where we were, I'm just saying that I doubt our route will ever be as easy as this past seasons route.

3 minutes ago, ctrcat said:

Rodgers was 28, and Favre was truly the most "boneheaded clutch" QB of all time.  The gift he gave New Orleans in the NFCCG summed up his career.  As Cecil said this year, we are only scratching the surface with Cam.

Had just turned 28 60 days prior, and won the trophy in his 3rd year of starting.  Never made it back, and possibly never will.

My point, is that rings are awfully hard to get, that is all.

9 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

Had just turned 28 60 days prior, and won the trophy in his 3rd year of starting.  Never made it back, and possibly never will.

My point, is that rings are awfully hard to get, that is all.

I had the same thought for hours, days, and MAYBE weeks after the game, but CJ re-signing for $3 million and the reality of how special Cam, Luke, GMan, and RR are setting in erased all doubt.  We will not be denied.

1 hour ago, KB_fan said:

I almost pity our draft picks and free agent signees... it is going to be DANG hard to find a spot on the roster.  Competition at training camp should be fierce.   Good problem to have.

I can see some lower round guys in the draft hoping they don't get picked by the Panthers. The roster will indeed be hard to make.

6 hours ago, arbnranger said:

Agree.

Historically the team that loses the Super Bowl doesn't fare all that well the following season. (From memory)  Would love to see the Panthers continue breaking negative trends as they did all season last year. 

True. I wonder how many of those teams have everyone returning like we do though? That may change things.

Archived