• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

All returning....

Jeremy Igo

8 minutes ago, arbnranger said:

Agree.

Historically the team that loses the Super Bowl doesn't fare all that well the following season. (From memory)  Would love to see the Panthers continue breaking negative trends as they did all season last year. 

The Bills made 4 straight SB appearances, and came very close to beating the Giants in the '91 SB. You need some luck with injuries, but I think we have as good as shot as any team (and better than most) at SB 51.

Basically the whole team is returning, minus less than a handful of aged vets who will likely retire. Provided that we can get and stay healthy, the team should be better than last season's.

Throw in some quality April acquisitions, and the Super Bowl is the only expectation

Not only are all our captains returning, but something like 45 or 47 players from our 53 man roster, including all but about two of our starters?!?!

We've lost Jared Allen (who was only a temporary fill in anyway when CJ went down with injury)

We've most likely lost Cotch & Harper and Finnegan (Finnegan was only really a fill in for Bene & Tillman).  Probably Tillman too, (though I could see him getting re-signed and being on the PUP to start the season if he wants to play some more, make another run at a SB ring...)

We've cut Edwards & Chandler, and let Velasco & Amini go.

Nortman went to the Jags.

BUT: we get Benjamin back; and Bene back...

Incredible to keep almost the entire roster intact.  I can't wait for AUGUST and some Panther football!!!

1 minute ago, KB_fan said:

Not only are all our captains returning, but something like 45 or 47 players from our 53 man roster, including all but about two of our starters?!?!

We've lost Jared Allen (who was only a temporary fill in anyway when CJ went down with injury)

We've most likely lost Cotch & Harper and Finnegan (Finnegan was a fill in for Bene & Tillman).  Probably Tillman too, (though I could see him getting re-signed and being on the PUP to start the season if he wants to play some more.)

We've cut Edwards & Chandler, and let Velasco & Amini go.

Nortman went to the Jags.

BUT: we get Benjamin back; and Bene back...

Incredible to keep almost the entire roster intact.  I can't wait for AUGUST and some Panther football!!!

Cut Edwards but gain Soliai, great nickel in Boykin and a Safety who is out to prove his worth from Washington and Daryl Williams back and healthy.  We are in great shape.

Said it then, will say it now.  Last season we had the absolute best shot at a Lombardi, and just couldn't get it done.

Homefield, injuries, Palmer imploding, etc.....The area of the field that was hurting, CB, the opposing SB team couldn't really challenge.

Man, I'm having a hard time with this one.

1 minute ago, thefuzz said:

Said it then, will say it now.  Last season we had the absolute best shot at a Lombardi, and just couldn't get it done.

Homefield, injuries, Palmer imploding, etc.....The area of the field that was hurting, CB, the opposing SB team couldn't really challenge.

Man, I'm having a hard time with this one.

Cam is 26.  Luke is 24.  Both are signed through the next presidential election cycle.  Rings, plural, will be won.  Not only are we better this year, but the schedule is loaded with QBs that are pure @$$, not to mention maybe our toughest home game against KC will likely feature a team without their best defensive player (Houston). Our toughest road game on paper according to most, Seattle, will feature a team who may have had the worst offseason in the NFL this year.

Archived