• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Best Positions to Target in Each Round

Ricky Spanish

Yea that was interesting but very incomplete. For example it only addresses DL in terms of looking for depth. What if you're looking for a starter?  Does picking one in the second or third offer significantly less value than the first compared to other positions?  My eyeball test says there's more of a dropoff from first round DL to mid to late round ones than a lot of other positions. 

I find stuff like this very interesting and I've read a few similar articles in the past couple years exploring the same idea in addition to things like SPARQ scores and Force Players which filters out players based on their overall athletic ability and thus their likelihood to succeed in the NFL.. However, I can't imagine Gettleman even paying the slightest amount of attention to any of it. He's too old school.

47 minutes ago, 15 said:

And what about Tight Ends, did I miss that one?

TE was the worst position to draft I believe. Data suggests you'd probably be better off addressing it in FA like we did with Olsen and the Pats just did adding Bennett and just recently Clay Harbor too. Guys like Gronk and Eifert have elite traits. I dont see anyone like that in this draft.

Archived