• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Oh hey, another lets bash Cam article

CelibatePimp

Made some good points but as usual people just turn a blind eye to it.  Yes he is the starting qb for the Panthers but he needs rethink the way he acts sometimes. 

The whole week leading up to the Super bowl Cam was disengaged with the media.  He missed a great opportunity to get them on his side. 

He will grow and learn from this. 

47 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

Made some good points but as usual people just turn a blind eye to it.  Yes he is the starting qb for the Panthers but he needs rethink the way he acts sometimes. 

The whole week leading up to the Super bowl Cam was disengaged with the media.  He missed a great opportunity to get them on his side. 

He will grow and learn from this. 

Why does he need the media on his side? He's getting checks from Gatorade, Under Armour, and Nickelodeon...

hes good. 

4 hours ago, J.Cage said:

Why does he need the media on his side? He's getting checks from Gatorade, Under Armour, and Nickelodeon...

hes good. 

Cam wants to be great--Manning, Brady great---and image is part of it.  Leadership is representing the team in the media.  It is understanding that the Panther brand is more important that one man's mood.  It is signing autographs for kids when you are tired and being nice when you are mobbed in a restaurant.  It is carrying greatness on and off the field. 

Nobody remembers the money.  How much did Dick Butkis make?  Walter Payton?  Jim Kelly?  Yes, they want to be respected, but Cam does not gripe about money.  He never did.  Don't think it is all he cares about now.

8 hours ago, J.Cage said:

hes good. 

Point being He could have left the Super Bowl with people saying "I was wrong about Cam Newton".  Instead it just reaffirmed everything they thought.  Whether it be right or not.  

Yeah I know.  He doesn't care.  Well he should. 

4 hours ago, MHS831 said:

Cam wants to be great--Manning, Brady great---and image is part of it.  Leadership is representing the team in the media.  It is understanding that the Panther brand is more important that one man's mood.  It is signing autographs for kids when you are tired and being nice when you are mobbed in a restaurant.  It is carrying greatness on and off the field. 

Nobody remembers the money.  How much did Dick Butkis make?  Walter Payton?  Jim Kelly?  Yes, they want to be respected, but Cam does not gripe about money.  He never did.  Don't think it is all he cares about now.

The Panther brand...yeah bc that was a thing before Cam got here. The team has never been more relevant. He's got a whole show for kids. I'd say the "Panther brand" is just fine.

plenty of the "greats" in sports are assholes btw...not sure why we are pretending that's not a thing

5 hours ago, J.Cage said:

The Panther brand...yeah bc that was a thing before Cam got here. The team has never been more relevant. He's got a whole show for kids. I'd say the "Panther brand" is just fine.

plenty of the "greats" in sports are assholes btw...not sure why we are pretending that's not a thing

i laughed when he mentioned brady.  he's infamous for being a mopey diva asshole and telling fans who try to talk to him in public to go fug themselves.  and bitching out his coaches and cussing out refs on national TV running off the field.  and not shaking hands and slapping butts at midfield after a tough loss. but it's all waved off as an indication of how much he "hates to lose" and how "competitive" he is hilariously enough.  i absolutely buy that, but be consistent.  i don't expect anybody who is king poo in a ridiculously ego driven, high pressure, high dollar line of work to be a particularly nice guy.  i don't think it would end well if i wandered up to axl rose or michael jordan when he was trying to eat dinner either.  if cam is as fan friendly as he seems then that's excellent but i don't expect it.

maybe it's because i'm a degenerate millennial who got one too many participation trophies growing up but i'll never understand the outrage.  "acting professional" in front of the media has nothing to do with football which is what i chiefly care about.  if he's not being a professional in the weight room, film room, or on the practice field then we have a problem.  if he's racking up DUIs and getting in strip club brawls then those are legitimate off-field problems.  and no, a training camp scuffle with a well known antagonistic loud mouth all pro cornerback isn't what i'm talking about.

and yeah, the panthers have never been a bigger draw than they are now.  there are probably hundreds of thousands if not millions of people all over the country who absolutely hate cam newton, but they're still using their time and energy on him and the panthers daily.  nobody outside of us diehard fans gave a crap about the daily comings and goings of our "classy" perennial 7-9 panthers even if the roster was chock full of high character guys you'd love for your daughter to bring home.  what an odd thing to bring up, especially considering how the "panther brand" is doing today.

Archived