• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Former Panther News: Deshaun Foster now RBs Coach at Texas Tech

Dilla

Foster comes to Lubbock from UCLA, where he not only played, but served as the Director of Player Development & High School Relations. Prior to his stint at UCLA, Foster played seven years in the National Football League. After completing his NFL career, Foster returned to UCLA where he earned his undergraduate degree and worked as a student-assistant coach. Foster was promoted to his current role in 2015.

Foster was selected by the Carolina Panthers in the second round of the 2002 NFL Draft. He played with the Panthers from 2002-07. The highlights of his stint in Carolina were touchdowns in the 2004 NFC Championship Game against the Philadelphia Eagles and in Super Bowl XXXVIII versus the New England Patriots. Foster played the 2008 season for the San Francisco 49ers.

Before embarking on his professional career, Foster was one of the most accomplished UCLA running backs in school history. He completed his career in second on the all-time touchdowns scored list (44), third on the school’s all-time rushing list (3,194 yards) and fifth on the all-time Bruin scoring list (266 points). Foster was ranked 18th on the Pac-10 career rushing list. His 722 career rushing attempts were the most in school history. His 13 100-yard career rushing games ranked fifth on UCLA’s all-time list. He was named a first-team All-Pac-10 selection following the 2001 and 2000 seasons.

Foster’s hire is pending university approval at this time.

I'll definitely miss him around the office at UCLA as he was one of the coolest guys on staff but couldn't be more excited for Coach Foster. I think he will do really well there and you never know, we may see him coaching backs for the Panthers one day. Great player and an even better guy and I wish him nothing but the best going forward! 

12 minutes ago, OnlyPantherFaninMaine said:

I'll definitely miss him around the office at UCLA as he was one of the coolest guys on staff but couldn't be more excited for Coach Foster. I think he will do really well there and you never know, we may see him coaching backs for the Panthers one day. Great player and an even better guy and I wish him nothing but the best going forward! 

I was thinking this myself. Jim Skipper is 67 and may retire in the next couple of years. If Deshaun does well at TTU. . .who knows?

Archived