• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Would you do this deal?

dksmith17

No deal. If sends the message that we are not sure we can come into your stadium and take care of business, hence needing a forfeit. This would pose a real problem. If we're "skeert" now, what would change come championship time when we'd be on their turf anyway? Skeert now, skeert then. NO DEAL. I say we put a smack down on them NOW; then, if necessary, we SMACK THEM DOWN AGAIN later, just to remove all doubt!

Because its rare, interesting and I think it deserves a mention.

It's not rare. It's impossible. The league would never allow it.

There is a boatload of money bet on these games on a weekly basis. The league won't publicly discuss that, but they know about it. Do you know what kind of storm would hit nationally if, in the midst of all that, teams made a deal to fix a result? You'd have allegations of corruption that would make the brouhaha with Tim Donaghy look like nothing. And at some point, law enforcement and maybe even congress would get involved.

Beyond that, coaches careers can turn in a heartbeat. These guys live or die based on winning games. And that's not even mentioning the players, guys who earn additional game checks based on playoff appearances (and sometimes incentives).

This kind of thing simply does not happen, nor should it.

It was said before but I wasted my time and opened this thread so I am going to reply.

This poo is stoopid. Who the fug sits around all day and thinks of poo like this? Seriously. It is incomprehensible, I cannot imagine how a brain would need to function to allow it to come up with scenarios like this. What the hell man. Transfer this thread to smack or delete it.

Archived