• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Would you do this deal?

dksmith17

I don't think this would ever happen for many reasons but its interesting to think about:

Say that you are in a position very similar to the NYG CAR game. The winner is assured the #1 seed. One team (TEAM A) has clinched the division and for arguments sake, is assured the #2 seed at worse. The other team (TEAM B) has not won the division and would be eliminated from the playoffs with a loss.

If you are TEAM B(CAR) would you accept a forfeit from TEAM A(NYG) IF you agreed to play away at TEAM A(NYG) if you met in the playoffs?

Its a hypothetical question relax. But good responses because the correct answer is hell no if you are a real fan. Why would you ever give away a chance at NFC champ game in Charlotte? The NYG CAR matchup is rare because it does present a similar situation to this. I was hoping for an intelligent discussion, I guess I'll look elsewhere.

The league doesn't allow teams to make "deals" for playoff positioning or location. Home field is decided by record/seeding, not by agreement.

This is the second suggestion of this type I've seen (the other had us "colluding" with the Giants). Where are people coming up with this stuff?

(maybe "why" is the better question) :rolleyes:

Archived