• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Some context on the race talk.

CelibatePimp

9 minutes ago, Cookie Lyon said:

Dude, just stop.

Also, if you're black, why did you have to text your "black friend" for his opinion on this?

People hate Cam because he's black. He's a black fan of another football team. What are his impressions of the Cam hate and is it all race based? 

You're a perfect example of how we want everything to be race based including ridiculing me about having a black friend without knowing nothing about me. 

You should be ashamed of yourself. 

Just now, CelibatePimp said:

People hate Cam because he's black. He's a black fan of another football team. What are his impressions of the Cam hate and is it all race based? 

You're a perfect example of how we want everything to be race based including ridiculing me about having a black friend without knowing nothing about me. 

I never said everything is race based. Where the fug did you get that from?

Some of the criticism Cam receives is because he is black. You noticed I said SOME not ALL.

Lastly, I'm not ridiculing you. I'm just stating my opinion.

Here's the thing........  those that hate Cam because of his dancing and attitude........  that's fine.      A small portion of that group though,  is very stupid,  they go on rants , claiming that race has nothing to do with any of the hate Cam receives.         

To be fair people didnt really hate Lebron until he hosted a nationally televised special to leave his team. And then had to be like the Avengers and team up with his buddies because he couldnt win on his own. And this was a guy that had Chosen 1 tattooed on his back and considered himself the second coming of MJ.

As one poster said before, alot of Cam's hate comes from the fact that most people thought he'd be out of the league in 5 years, and instead in 5 years he's become the face of the league and the most dominant player. 

Compare that to guys like Lebron and Luck who were crowned as Hall of Famers before even being drafted and it's easy to see where the hate comes from.

6 hours ago, d-dave said:

Maybe it's the Panthers homerism speaking, but winning limits things a bit.

Cam get's lots of hate because of his personality - the emotional, celebrating, arrogant dude.  Cam also get's a lot of hate because he doesn't play by the "book" that Belicheck and Brady continue to write about the speak to the media and say nothing.  Create no waves.  I get that.  I understand that aspect.

But Cam is a lightning rod because he's a black QB that doesn't embrace the "whiteness" that's often celebrated in how Russel Wilson acts when he loses the SB.  "Wilson is a black QB too!"  Sure he is, but he also plays the "white QB" role everywhere else.  Dad Jeans....

Now, I'm a 36 year old white dude.  I can't really talk too well about how anyone acts unless it's related to being white.  Cam isn't.  As everyone says, Cam is Cam.  He dresses funny, he embraces the lime light, he ENJOYS the game, he talks junk like every other position is allowed to do.  Because Cam openly defies the example of the boring white QB and embraces his age, pop culture and ridiculous pants, racists come out of the woodwork to decry Cam and they love to spend the extra effort to salt the wounds a bit more.

Now I will agree if the Panthers win the Super Bowl, all of "this" gets blown under the rug, and Cam joins a very rare group that includes some Hall of Famers and Trent Dilfer.  No one will care about his antics because he's topped the Mountain.  Until then, Cam's size on and off the field has made him an easy target for the racists in our society.  Thanks to the internet, they will continue to hurl their insults our way.

Except when Cam wins superbowls the hate will not go away, it'll get worst.  Mohammed Ali is sick and still hated.  Your third paragraph is on point though.

Archived