• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Cortland Finnegan cool in your book or nah?

Hotsauce

I am probably not savvy enough to grade him from a technical standpoint, but from what I saw he looked pretty decent, seemed happy to be part of a great team, and sounded like he fit well with our guys in the locker room.

I'd be cool with G'man offering him a chance to continue... certainly see if he out competes others in training camp.  If we were to lose both Harper & Tillman, as could be possible, having another vet in the secondary isn't a bad thing.

1 hour ago, SCMunnerlyn1 said:

The thing with him I felt was the locker room. He dares not do that crap with this locker room. However I did notice the refs paint a giant target on his back due to his past. 50/50 calls will go against him. 

No team ever said he was a locker room problem. He's a heel on the field. That's about it. 

Basically as someone stated, he went from the couch to gearing up for the Super Bowl. Granted it helps to have great pieces around him, he wasn't a complete liability which is about all you can ask for when you are thrust into a role like that.  I think they could've done better in the Super Bowl, but McClain and Finnegan were pretty serviceable for newcomers.

Archived