• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

College = ponzi scheme

Ja  Rhule

It's only a scheme if you're an idiot and pick a BS major. If you actually pick a major that teaches you practical skills like Computer Science, Engineering, or say Accounting, then you'll have more than just a piece of paper when you're done. That being said, if you think a 4 year degree equals a job, where have you been for the last 10 years cause those days are long gone.

I was very happy with a liberal arts school mainly because I had no clue what I wanted to do (even after I grduated). I don't think I would have liked to have been locked into an accounting job.

BS is also fine if you want to go to business/law/med school.

the fact is, some companies just require that you have a college degree. Whether or not its relevant to how you would perform, or if its important in your day to day activites, thats the way it is.

Lots of smart people out there, who manage to get a decent job, but, if you have any desire to advance in the corporate world, lack of a degree will most likely put a ceiling on how far you can go.

Conversely, having a degree doesn't guarantee anything if your a douchbag.

Archived