• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

College = ponzi scheme

Ja  Rhule

Basically, only the kids with either some connections or rich parents ended up getting something in return, everyone else fail. I almost joined marines in 2004 but I changed my mind in a last day and decided to pursue college education. Five years later I'm in the same position as in 2004 only $30,000 in debt.

You seem to have set yourself up competitively against anyone in a hiring situation.

What's the problem?

Yes, exactly... I planned 3 years ahead but companies don't even give me a chance for an interview... All of my requests for an interview got declined before I knew it. I found a loophole in a system which allows me to skip my masters program and save 1,000's of dollars. I also could get my CPA license in less than a year. My friends cannot believe no one even offered me an interview.

Social Security=Ponzi Scheme.

But like everyone else said, it just depends on the degree you get. A lot of degrees only qualify you to go to more school. If you got a worthless degree, someone should have told you along the way that it would qualify you to do absolutely nothing.

Tell you what Arsen I will trade you 4 years of work experience for 4 years of college. It is a tough time to get a job right now. NC unemployment rate is around 10.7 percent. even the health care professions are slowing down in hiring. But atleast with the bachelors you have a better shot at a good paying job than I do.

You might need to look outside of NC I know I am going to DC for about a week as their unemployment rate is only 6.5%. You just to keep grinding and sooner or later you will find a job. Might not be exactly what you want but once the economy starts turning around you will be able to get what you want.

Archived