• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

ADD A TE?

blackcat

5 hours ago, thomas96 said:

Dickson is a great receiving threat as a #2. He was a solid starter briefly with the Ravens even. Receiving threat at #2 TE is not the problem. We need TEs who can block, since we usually have Dickson in blocking and he's absolutely terrible at it. Greg's an amazing pass blocker but sucks in the run game, if he were as good in the run game as in the pass game and go ahead and say he's the best TE in the league. But because of that deficiency I'd put Gronk ahead of him, who dominated as a receiver, pass blocker and run blocker. I like Dickson as a #2 but I really want to draft a TE kind of early who can take over that spot who's a great blocker and could maybe even fill in for Olsen when he retires in 3-5 years. This year's TE class is absolutely terrible though, so may have to wait for next year.

Solution: Hunter Henley 

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/hunter-henry?id=2555341

STRENGTHS

Flat-­running stud as a run blocker and a big part of Arkansas' running game success. Strikes into the frame of defenders with inside hands and blocks with a wide, strong base. Able to turn outside linebackers and cornerbacks out of their run fits and sustains his blocks as long as he can. Had no drops and 51 catches this season. Able to secure contested catches and eminent hits won't scare him away from the catch. Able to work all three levels as a go-­to target. Too talented to be covered by most linebackers. Able to run a variety of routes and has no reason to leave the field.

Screen Shot 2016-02-19 at 5.27.03 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-02-19 at 5.27.48 PM.png

4 hours ago, sharkkiller said:

I don't really think that 3 posts, one of which is gibberish from someone claiming to be Greg hardy, one which says he sucks, and another which says he is the greatest (although my sarcasm alert is going off) really counts as a page except in the most literal aspect.

I wasn't being 100 percent serious..maybe 42.1689374649 percent

12 hours ago, thomas96 said:

How many #2's across the league can you name that are better than him at pure receiving? He was getting looks last year during FA from teams needing a starting TE.

Nick Boyle, Derek Carrier, Cameron Brate, Zach Miller, Dion Sims, Clive Walford, Mychal Rivera, Zach Ertz, Maxx Williams, Antonio Gates, and Vernon Davis.

The Raiders seem to be loaded on TEs. Just trade for one of their TEs.

17 minutes ago, CPantherKing said:

Nick Boyle, Derek Carrier, Cameron Brate, Zach Miller, Dion Sims, Clive Walford, Mychal Rivera, Zach Ertz, Maxx Williams, Antonio Gates, and Vernon Davis.

Boyle is strictly a blocking TE for the Ravens and is now suspended 10 games for PEDs.

Carrier is not better than Dickson at receiving. Dickson's had more as a Panther in a blocking role than Carrier in his entire career.

I have no idea who Cameron Brate is and I typically know other team's rosters but just for the sake of argument since I don't know him I'll give you that one.

Miller is a starting caliber TE and will be the Bears' starter next year, but I'll give you that.

Sims, nope. More of a blocker. 

Walford, nope. Maybe eventually since he's young but certainly not right now.

Rivera is their starter. Ertz is their starter, Celek is the #2 and is a pure blocker.

Maxx Williams was a second round pick last year and started games and will be their starter next year.

Gates is their starter but I'll give you Green who's their #2 and is a legit beast but will be a starter soon.

Davis is a declining former-starter who at this point isn't even much better than Dickson.

So that's 3 if even that. Dickson's a solid receiving threat as a #2 but a terrible blocker. Would be great to upgrade him since our 2nd TE is mostly blocking but even if we don't we're fine with Dickson.

2 minutes ago, thomas96 said:

Boyle is strictly a blocking TE for the Ravens and is now suspended 10 games for PEDs.

Carrier is not better than Dickson at receiving. Dickson's had more as a Panther in a blocking role than Carrier in his entire career.

I have no idea who Cameron Brate is and I typically know other team's rosters but just for the sake of argument since I don't know him I'll give you that one.

Miller is a starting caliber TE and will be the Bears' starter next year, but I'll give you that.

Rivera is their starter. Ertz is their starter, Celek is the #2 and is a pure blocker.

Maxx Williams was a second round pick last year and started games and will be their starter next year.

Gates is their starter but I'll give you Green who's their #2 and is a legit beast but will be a starter soon.

Davis is a declining former-starter who at this point isn't even much better than Dickson.

So that's 3 if even that. Dickson's a solid receiving threat as a #2 but a terrible blocker. Would be great to upgrade him since our 2nd TE is mostly blocking but even if we don't we're fine with Dickson.

Rivera did not start a single game this past season.

If Maxx Williams will be the starter, then I would take Crockett Gilmore over Dickson.

If Miller will start, then give me Bennett over Dickson.

Ertz came off the bench most of the season, while Celek got the starts and the snaps. Ertz will be their starter under Pederson. Ertz is still better than Dickson.

Ladarius Green was the starter for the Chargers he started more games and saw more snaps than Gates on a per game basis. Gates came off the bench most of the season.

5 hours ago, CPantherKing said:

I have no clue how Rivera ranks in blocking but He always impresses me when I see him play

Bennett is one of the best TEs in the league and I'd much rather have him than this parade of obscure prospects from Bodunk State that keep getting mentioned here.

The draft has better talent elsewhere at positions we could use the boost at.

8 hours ago, CPantherKing said:

Rivera did not start a single game this past season.

If Maxx Williams will be the starter, then I would take Crockett Gilmore over Dickson.

If Miller will start, then give me Bennett over Dickson.

Ertz came off the bench most of the season, while Celek got the starts and the snaps. Ertz will be their starter under Pederson. Ertz is still better than Dickson.

Ladarius Green was the starter for the Chargers he started more games and saw more snaps than Gates on a per game basis. Gates came off the bench most of the season.

Whether he got the start or not is irrelevant he was playing starter # of snaps and was their main receiving TE. Smith was a pure blocking tight end, and they split the snaps.

I wouldn't but I'll give you that.

Miller and Bennett are both starters that happened to be on the same team but won't be after this year, and I already gave you that one.

This is completely wrong, Ertz played nearly 1000 snaps and definitely played more than Celek. Of course Ertz is better than Dickson, he's one of the top starting TEs in the league.

Gates started the 11 games he played in and had less snaps because he missed 5 games and was playing through injury the last month and a half of the year. Already gave it to you anyways.

So that's 4. Impressive.

On February 20, 2016 at 2:28 AM, thomas96 said:

Ed Dickson caught 17 passes in 19 games...

Archived