• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

ADD A TE?

blackcat

1 hour ago, Leeroy Jenkins PhD said:

Ed Dickson has been a dissapointment.  But so was Brandon Williams before him.   Would love to bring in a solid #2 with good blocking.   Might make up for poor tackle play.

I don't agree that he's a disappointment.  He's been about what I'd expect in a number two TE.

I'd agree he won't be Olsen's successor.

3 hours ago, thomas96 said:

Dickson is a great receiving threat as a #2. He was a solid starter briefly with the Ravens even. Receiving threat at #2 TE is not the problem. We need TEs who can block, since we usually have Dickson in blocking and he's absolutely terrible at it. Greg's an amazing pass blocker but sucks in the run game, if he were as good in the run game as in the pass game and go ahead and say he's the best TE in the league. But because of that deficiency I'd put Gronk ahead of him, who dominated as a receiver, pass blocker and run blocker. I like Dickson as a #2 but I really want to draft a TE kind of early who can take over that spot who's a great blocker and could maybe even fill in for Olsen when he retires in 3-5 years. This year's TE class is absolutely terrible though, so may have to wait for next year.

Its not absoluty terrible. The Henry Guy from the Razerbacks sounds like quite a prospect. Hes a beast blocker and a big time threat in the psssing game. All others are crap

Seems like the real deal and what we want at TE

Everyone else sucks

10 minutes ago, The Huddler said:

Its not absoluty terrible. The Henry Guy from the Razerbacks sounds like quite a prospect. Hes a beast blocker and a big time threat in the psssing game. All others are crap

Seems like the real deal and what we want at TE

Everyone else sucks

We'd have to take him at 30 or trade up in the 2nd for him and I don't think he's worth that. He's more of a "joker" and will be a receiving threat. I don't think he'll be much of an inline blocker at all in the NFL.

15 minutes ago, thomas96 said:

We'd have to take him at 30 or trade up in the 2nd for him and I don't think he's worth that. He's more of a "joker" and will be a receiving threat. I don't think he'll be much of an inline blocker at all in the NFL.

Every report ive heard is that hes a great blocker and that hes compared to Jason Witten  Idk why you dont think he'll be a good blocker.

26 minutes ago, 15 said:

Who was the best rushing team in the league?

The bills had the most yards

The run game has a ton to improve on.

1st in attempts

2nd in yards

10th in YPA (This is a disgrace when Newton is your QB)

YPA by quarter

1st: 5.6

2nd: 4.6 

3rd : 4.5

4th: 2.9 (?!?!?!?)

The reason we can't run in the 4th is because our TEs and OTs can't block when the defense knows it's coming and we stop using the read-option as much. Want to stop teams from rallying? Block the edge and average 4 YPA in the 4th quarter.

2 minutes ago, The Huddler said:

Every report ive heard is that hes a great blocker and that hes compared to Jason Witten  Idk why you dont think he'll be a good blocker.

He doesn't have the size or strength yet for it translate to the NFL, and I'm not sure if he ever will or how long in an NFL strength training program it would take, and he's poor at the point of attack. He reminds me of Greg actually and Greg had to work his ass off to become a better blocker through his career, and wasn't great with the Bears. And he's still a terrible run blocker. I actually would like for us to draft Henry if he fell to our 2nd round pick, but I don't think he's worth our first or trading up for like Funch. Henry would be more of an heir apparent to Greg than a beast 2nd TE blocker. He'd be an upgrade over Dickson for sure but probably wouldn't contribute that much with Greg here and wouldn't be enough of an upgrade as a blocker at the 2nd TE that it'd be worth a 1st in the immediate future. If Greg only had a year or two left I'd be all for it. But I think he'll be here for another 3-4 years at least and by that time Henry's rookie contract is pretty much up and he'd be wasted away behind Greg. If we used 2 TE sets more often having both run routes then I'd be more likely to consider it. But our 2nd TE spot is mostly used as a blocker under Shula.

Archived