• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

ADD A TE?

blackcat

2 minutes ago, SwagAces9030 said:

I was just going to start a thread somewhat similar... A #2 TE for this offense would be huge. Having a legit threat opposite of Olsen is needed (not a luxury). Two legit TE sets would allow us more versatility in the pass game. Although I'd prefer bringing Gary Barnidge back home. 

Yes, I really liked the 2 TE sets when we had Shockey and Olsen, felt like it opened up a lot of the offense. 

Just now, blackcat said:

Yes, I really liked the 2 TE sets when we had Shockey and Olsen, felt like it opened up a lot of the offense. 

I agree, if were not pursuing a true receiving threat at TE we need to at least get a solid blocking TE like Mercedes Lewis... Having a guy like that to help out the tackles is huge. 

Dickson is a great receiving threat as a #2. He was a solid starter briefly with the Ravens even. Receiving threat at #2 TE is not the problem. We need TEs who can block, since we usually have Dickson in blocking and he's absolutely terrible at it. Greg's an amazing pass blocker but sucks in the run game, if he were as good in the run game as in the pass game and go ahead and say he's the best TE in the league. But because of that deficiency I'd put Gronk ahead of him, who dominated as a receiver, pass blocker and run blocker. I like Dickson as a #2 but I really want to draft a TE kind of early who can take over that spot who's a great blocker and could maybe even fill in for Olsen when he retires in 3-5 years. This year's TE class is absolutely terrible though, so may have to wait for next year.

5 minutes ago, thomas96 said:

Dickson is a great receiving threat as a #2. He was a solid starter briefly with the Ravens even. Receiving threat at #2 TE is not the problem. We need TEs who can block, since we usually have Dickson in blocking and he's absolutely terrible at it. Greg's an amazing pass blocker but sucks in the run game, if he were as good in the run game as in the pass game and go ahead and say he's the best TE in the league. But because of that deficiency I'd put Gronk ahead of him, who dominated as a receiver, pass blocker and run blocker. I like Dickson as a #2 but I really want to draft a TE kind of early who can take over that spot who's a great blocker and could maybe even fill in for Olsen when he retires in 3-5 years. This year's TE class is absolutely terrible though, so may have to wait for next year.

I wouldn't put the words 'great' and 'Ed Dickson' within 10 yards of each other...

35 minutes ago, SwagAces9030 said:

I wouldn't put the words 'great' and 'Ed Dickson' within 10 yards of each other...

How many #2's across the league can you name that are better than him at pure receiving? He was getting looks last year during FA from teams needing a starting TE.

Archived