• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What might a Charles Johnson extension look like?

Jeremy Igo

3 minutes ago, Bartin said:

He did say to Hardy on twitter after he signed that one day they would reunite so...

I'm not a big fan of Johnson as a player. He has always had his own agenda that was not about the team. He will go to who pays the highest bounty. 

3 minutes ago, Verge said:

CJ needs to be on this team next year, he still has elite level play left in him when healthy. Ealy - Short - Star - CJ pretty much needs to be the lineup on defense in order for us to create an elite level of pass rush.

Problem is that both Kony and CJ are at their best playing at LDE. I don't know that CJ has ever lined up at RDE for any significant amount of time and Kony struggled there big time early in the season until CJ got hurt and he flipped to LDE with Allen coming into play RDE.

2 minutes ago, Bartin said:

Problem is that both Kony and CJ are at their best playing at LDE. I don't know that CJ has ever lined up at RDE for any significant amount of time and Kony struggled there big time early in the season until CJ got hurt and he flipped to LDE with Allen coming into play RDE.

Yeah CJ could stunt Ealy.  Ealy deserves to start.  CJ has been on the decline for three years now.  If he isn't over injuries by now I don't see it happening.   Even with restructure I'm not sure he's worth it.   We were getting better pressure with Ealy and a rotation on the other side.

26 minutes ago, Bartin said:

YES!!!  Very few people bring this up, but it really seemed apparent that Kony should be at LDE and CJ has claimed that for himself.

1 hour ago, Verge said:

CJ needs to be on this team next year, he still has elite level play left in him when healthy. Ealy - Short - Star - CJ pretty much needs to be the lineup on defense in order for us to create an elite level of pass rush.

Maybe, I hope that CJ get's his mojo back, but his complaining about playing time in blowout wins is BS.  Anyway, I still think a Nascar pkg of Delaire/Addison - Ealy - Short - CJ would just wreck shop.  The thing about our defense was it was NEVER fully together all year long this year, Kuechly went down, then when he came back, CJ went down, when CJ got back Bene goes down, then Peanut.  I'd be willing to give CJ 1 more chance if G-man thinks it's worth it, but if he cuts him, no sweat off my back either, and he can blame himself for acting and being the "me first guy"

If a veteran player's production doesn't match his pay then you bite the bullet and cut him assuming the cap hit isn't too harsh. It frees up a valuable roster spot for a young player who can develop for a low price, or a veteran who is likely to produce similar to what he's being paid. I think CJ will be cut.

Archived