• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What might a Charles Johnson extension look like?

Jeremy Igo

Just now, Jeremy Igo said:

He was never an outsider on the team. The fans gave him a hard time, I think that is what you saw. 

I was on the sideline at the Titan game and saw him down there. I know he paid his own way to a few games when he was on short-term IR. And that was awesome and it seemed like he was really into it. But seeing that attitude/disappointment when he got pulled at the end of the Cowboy game...something seemed off after that. And that could just be my perception. But I wondered after that if he was done with the coaching staff. 

His on-field performance was not what I expected, and that just could be because of the injury. I don't know who our starters at end will be next year if he's gone. I think we'd have to pencil in Ealy at one of them. Maybe the other is a free agent. (I'm assuming Allen is gone.)

Nope.  He needs to go.  We played just as well without him as with him.  I noticed no improvements when he came back, in fact, when Ealy wasn't starting we got worse pressure.   I'm not sure if it's injuries or what, but he's just lost it.  It's been a decline for a couple years now, so it's not out of nowhere.    I'd rather spend a couple more million a year than that to get someone that gets more pressure.

He has definitely been a leader of this locker room for a while now. He should have no problem restructuring his contract based on how much money he has already earned. If not, $11M savings will go plenty far to find us a replacement. However, personally, I think his leadership is important for people like Ealy and he would be missed if not here next year.

14 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

Id love it. He's one of my favorite players. Missing what, 8-10 games I think really hurt him. He will a good offseason and come back healthy if anything it'd be more depth at the spot. Plus, if they bring in a FA DE, the more the merrier.

He had a strong post season when he might have gotten his legs back. He wasnt allowed to practice for 8 weeks I believe, so at first when he did return, he was not ready.

Freeing up 11 million in cap space, and freeing up his roster spot is more valuable than having him on the team.  Other than "experience", he brings little to the team.  It's not even like he's the kind of good that doesn't show up on the stats (Allen), he's just incredibly over paid for mediocre performance at best.

Part of me says 6mil is fair knowing what he can do. Still will free up 9mil. 

Other part of me says, he seems to have that fat cat syndrome and is just going through the motions for the money. Been hurt 2 seasons in a row. Not a difference maker at all, pretty sure he could be though. Mario back in a 4-3 is much more enticing as a 2-3 year solution versus paying CJ. After his Twitter outburst, he appears to be exhibiting "locker room cancer" tendencies.

I don't know! As overpaid as DE's are on the market, kinda hoping he forces Gman's hand of a cut. However, it would bother me if they struck a much better team friendly deal

Archived