• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2016 Top NFL free agents - running backs

Jeremy Igo

Miller is so criminally underused by Miami that I fear something is going on behind the scenes

Of those names on the list the names that interest me most are Forte and Morris. I think Morris could be GREAT here, but I'm not sure if he's in our price range  

Stephen Davis notwithstanding, it seems extremely rare for free agent running back deals to actually work out. Just this past year, Leshuan McCoy, Darren McFadden, Demarco Murray, and Reggie Bush all signed free agent deals, and produced little. Of the 2015 free agent RBs, the only ones I can think of that had impact were Frank Gore and Chris Johnson. Due to different factors, even they weren't any better than average.

The sad truth is that most RBs are going to be washed up by the time their rookie contract expires. 28 for a RB is like 38 for a QB.

If we're going with a free agent RB, from this list, the only name that interests me is Miller, and that is principally because his career path seems to be going up (rather than down), and he's still fairly young.

Archived