• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Giants release Beason, considering retirement.

Jeremy Igo

4 minutes ago, thomas96 said:

We could trade Klein for a high (2nd or 3rd round) draft pick, probably wouldn't even stay with us after this year anyways so would be nice to get something for him. Beast is still effective when healthy and he wouldn't get hurt as a backup most likely. Wouldn't hurt to have that veteran depth and locker room presence for vet. min.

Is that you Marty?

We drafted Mayo to learn the LB positons and take over for Klein when he rides off for a good 2nd contract.

Also, can Beason play special teams?  If not, who takes over for that missing spot?

It's just not a good idea to bring in another player at LB who is long in the tooth, when you already have TD on the roster.

With Star, TD, Luke, and KK, I don't think that the defense needs anymore vet help.  The offense....that's a different story.

I'll echo everyone's sentiments that he would be a tremendous addition to the organization. Regardless, I hope he ends up coaching/mentoring young players in some capacity. His leadership qualities and football IQ would benefit many.

Also, let's take a moment to remember how pumped we were after watching this video way back when:

Archived