• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Giants release Beason, considering retirement.

Jeremy Igo

If he wants to sign a one day contract to retire as a Panther then good for him. If he doesn't then also good for him. Wouldn't change how I see him. He was a great Panther while he was here so how he chooses to retire makes no difference to me. He's never had a bad word to say about the organization since being traded.

As far as a role in the organization, I'm not sure what he would do. Coach or scout? Sure, if that's something either Ron or Dave think he would be good at. Gross has the media role pretty well locked up. I'm not in favor of giving him a job for the sake of giving him a job. He needs to be the best guy for the job.

Id take Beason as part of the LB corps any day of the week. 

His body can't handle starter duties, but as a backup guy he could be tremendous. 

That said, for health reasons he would be better served as advisor/coach. He's made money, retire while you can.

38 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

To sign a 1 day, sure....to backup Luke, no.

We could trade Klein for a high (2nd or 3rd round) draft pick, probably wouldn't even stay with us after this year anyways so would be nice to get something for him. Beast is still effective when healthy and he wouldn't get hurt as a backup most likely. Wouldn't hurt to have that veteran depth and locker room presence for vet. min.

Archived