• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This is crazy

Jeremy Igo

A perfect pass by Cam. Remind me, did the receiver drop that one after it hit him in the hands?

I think that had more to do with it than the turf.

The only thing that I believe can be talked about is all of the missed calls by the officiating that led to Broncos points. Points and turnovers which were a direct result of illegal plays by the Denver Broncos.

If you allow players to smack the QB in the face, illegally bat fumbled balls to an opponents sideline, spear players while leading with the crown of their head to create fumbles, knee players repeatedly and forcibly in the head while on the ground to recover a fumble, and jump the snap without a penalty, then you can turn the Saints defense into the best defense in the NFL.

1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

The Panthers had time Saturday to walk and inspect the field. 

Equipment manager needs a talking to. 

I agree to an extent, but they weren't able to do any live blocking drills on the field and that's the only way they could have truly anticipated something like this. I've been watching the NFL for a long time and I've never seen anything like this. 

Players on both sides were slipping all night...I agree the SB needs to be played on a real fugin field...this turf bullshit shoudl be figure dout though...how can you not have the proper footwear....or better than that...how has a billion dollar entity not unified field conditions....

Each team should play on the same field type it obviously matters.

56 minutes ago, CPantherKing said:

A perfect pass by Cam. Remind me, did the receiver drop that one after it hit him in the hands?

The only thing that I believe can be talked about is all of the missed calls by the officiating that led to Broncos points. Points and turnovers which were a direct result of illegal plays by the Denver Broncos.

If you allow players to smack the QB in the face, illegally bat fumbled balls to an opponents sideline, spear players while leading with the crown of their head to create fumbles, knee players repeatedly and forcibly in the head while on the ground to recover a fumble, and jump the snap without a penalty, then you can turn the Saints defense into the best defense in the NFL.

Not trying to be a dick, but the pass was actually late and allowed the DB to break on the ball. That's why it wasn't completed.

1 hour ago, CPantherKing said:

Nope.

43 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

Players on both sides were slipping all night...I agree the SB needs to be played on a real fugin field...this turf bullshit shoudl be figure dout though...how can you not have the proper footwear....or better than that...how has a billion dollar entity not unified field conditions....

Each team should play on the same field type it obviously matters.

It is a grass field.

55 minutes ago, Swaggasaurus said:

Not trying to be a dick, but the pass was actually late and allowed the DB to break on the ball. That's why it wasn't completed.

This..The protection was actually great..Cam took too long to get the ball out..Cotchery was wide open the whole time until Cam decided to throw it and by then the defender had closed in..that being said even if Cam got rid of the ball quicker who knows if Cotchery catches it..he couldn't catch anything sunday

2 minutes ago, CarolinaNut said:

This..The protection was actually great..Cam took too long to get the ball out..Cotchery was wide open the whole time until Cam decided to throw it and by then the defender had closed in..that being said even if Cam got rid of the ball quicker who knows if Cotchery catches it..he couldn't catch anything sunday

You never know what starts momentum in football games, but I do know that sacks, fumbles, and drops can stop it before it gets started.

Archived