• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My take on the Cam Newton fumble.

Jeremy Igo

9 minutes ago, CarolinaJami' said:

Also, there are a couple different camera angles to look at. They keep showing the same one. There is another video from an end zone angle that goes along with what Jeremy is saying. He waited too long to dive for the ball and then at the point everyone is seeing, he is kinda out of position. He tried to chase it first. Anyways we lost and that one play didn't mean a whole lot in the end.

They keep showing that same angle on purpose to push their false narrative.

2 minutes ago, Sam Mills Fan said:

I'm asserting he didn't dive because he didn't want to get hurt which is exactly what he said. 

Stop with the intellectual dishonesty. The picture of TD's arm and your statement of not playing on a team with a guy like TD and not risk injury, were for what purpose? Simply to share with us something Cam had already said? No. It was to question Cam's desire. Like I said. Do you believe he didn't care enough to risk injury?

16 minutes ago, Broncs4lyfe said:

here it is:

“If he would have touched that ball, I was gonna hit him right in his face, and I wasn’t the only one,” said safety T.J. Ward, who would eventually recover the loose ball. “And I don’t know—maybe he needed to stay healthy for next year.”

wow. i'm speechless.

13 minutes ago, Silent Majority said:

Let me get this right. You are asserting that Cam Newton didn't care enough?  Yeah, I think I need a break from this board for a while.

Must go to Black and Blue review or tune into WFNZ right now to hear the entire audio. That would give this quote from Cam a little better context.

Thank god someone else saw this.  That's what I've been wanting to say the entire time, but I haven't bothered writing about it.  You can clearly see he took a step too far and it was just too late to get down and get the ball.  People who are saying otherwise are just a) trying to find some way to put Cam down, especially after the media built him up for two weeks or b) buying into the media hate (of which they are doing now to get viewers/numbers.)  

19 minutes ago, rayzor said:

wow. i'm speechless.

Several players from the Broncos defense have made similar comments.

People can say what they want about Newton for this one play, or him celebrating, but he's never talked about purposely injuring a player, or trying to take a player out of a game. 

1 minute ago, TheRed said:

Several players from the Broncos defense have made similar comments.

People can say what they want about Newton for this one play, or him celebrating, but he's never talked about purposely injuring a player, or trying to take a player out of a game. 

yep, but where is the media frenzy focused? it's on cam not jumping on a ball and walking out of a press conference. priorities.

27 minutes ago, Silent Majority said:

Stop with the intellectual dishonesty. The picture of TD's arm and your statement of not playing on a team with a guy like TD and not risk injury, were for what purpose? Simply to share with us something Cam had already said? No. It was to question Cam's desire. Like I said. Do you believe he didn't care enough to risk injury?

All I know is that in that moment, he made a split second risk/reward decision and he decided what he decided. He said as much to us. Instead, we're trying to make excuses as to why he did what he did as if the man didn't tell us exactly why. 

Even if Cam jumped on the ball, it would have been 4th down and '18' on the Panthers 16.  I think the odds were in the Broncos favor at that point since the Panthers needed a first down, and eventually a touchdown to win.  The Panthers were struggling the move the ball at all, let alone run a play worth 18 yards.  

I know that is not the point, and Cam should have tried to recover the fumble (I get it), but him not jumping on the ball did not lose the game for the Panthers.  Realistically, the game was already over at that point.  

Why is this fumble such a big deal?

I can't even count on two hands the mistakes this team made prior to this play. This game (regardless of score) was long over before this fumble happened. Cam was caught in no mans land after the fumble, he saw guys go for it and I think he held back because a) his leg and b) because he had a better chance at waiting incase the ball squirted out. Ware was already on the ball before Newton had a chance to go get it.

Want to talk effort? What about Ginn's bullsh*t effort trying to out run Talib. Ginn coasted to the sidelines instead of trying to put a move on Talib who was the only one between him and 6

18 minutes ago, thennek said:

Even if Cam jumped on the ball, it would have been 4th down and '18' on the Panthers 16.  I think the odds were in the Broncos favor at that point since the Panthers needed a first down, and eventually a touchdown to win.  The Panthers were struggling the move the ball at all, let alone run a play worth 18 yards.  

I know that is not the point, and Cam should have tried to recover the fumble (I get it), but him not jumping on the ball did not lose the game for the Panthers.  Realistically, the game was already over at that point.  

Had Cam fallen on it, Carolina could have punted, stopped the Denver offense (they'd been doing it the entire half), and theoretically gotten the ball back still down by only 6 with some time on the clock. Long shot? Absolutely, but not necessarily impossible.

I'm as baffled as anyone as to why, but I'm not mad at Cam - things happen, and one play never truly decides a game. Just pointing out that Denver recovering that ball in a position to get pretty much-guaranteed points did effectively end the game.

I was with this opinion too but Cam supposedly said today(scrolling on the bottom of ESPN) that he chose not to dive for the fumble because he risked injury and that  play is not what lost the game.

I didnt hear it, have no link-- it was on the bottom scrolling on ESPN for a long time. IF true I would disagree with him and say there was 4 minutes left to get the ball back and get another chance at glory.

If it was bogus reporting then Ill go with my own denial and keep thinking there was some other reason.

Archived